What's your White Whale record?

I really want a copy of Dr Dog's Shame, Shame on orange vinyl. I think there were only 500 pressed, and I don't recall ever seeing any go up on eBay or discogs.

I just got that off of discogs last month, I happened to check right around when it was listed. There's been a couple that have popped up on discogs/ebay in the past year or so though. They're definitely out there, it's just a matter of time really.

Now I'm just missing a few 7"s and my Dr. Dog collection will be complete.

I just got that off of discogs last month, I happened to check right around when it was listed. There's been a couple that have popped up on discogs/ebay in the past year or so though. They're definitely out there, it's just a matter of time really.

Now I'm just missing a few 7"s and my Dr. Dog collection will be complete.

Damnit! I get the daily Marketplace email about stuff that's in my wantlist.

I'm missing Easy Beat and a few 7'"s until mine is complete as well.

Damnit! I get the daily Marketplace email about stuff that's in my wantlist.

I'm missing Easy Beat and a few 7'"s until mine is complete as well.

If either of you guys are looking for the promo 7" with goner and I hope there's love, I have one I'd part with.

Mutemath - Mutemath -- just saw one go on eBay the other day for $140, cheapest I've seen in awhile.

Mae - The Everglow

underOATH - Define the Great Line

Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire -- never seen this available, anywhere. I didn't even know it existed except for the Discogs listing.

I've been collecting the Smashing Pumpkins LP's and recently discovered a red blue swirl of Siamese dream. I was ignorant to its existence and am confident enough to say I will never see one. I think it's a beautiful piece of wax. Almost wish I was still ignorant to it. 

oldcard063.jpg

I've been collecting the Smashing Pumpkins LP's and recently discovered a red blue swirl of Siamese dream. I was ignorant to its existence and am confident enough to say I will never see one. I think it's a beautiful piece of wax. Almost wish I was still ignorant to it.

oldcard063.jpg

I am an SP variant collector and this is news to me as well. Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck.

Thought of a legitimate white whale because I've never seen it for sale: The Get Up Kids - "Two EPs: Red Letter Day and Woodson"

That's all one title, I don't specifically want those two separate EPs, I want the combo of the two. (It also has the Loveteller ep on there but it isn't in the title). If you run across it, let me know! It's the last piece I want for my TGUK collection.

Thought of a legitimate white whale because I've never seen it for sale: The Get Up Kids - "Two EPs: Red Letter Day and Woodson"

That's all one title, I don't specifically want those two separate EPs, I want the combo of the two. (It also has the Loveteller ep on there but it isn't in the title). If you run across it, let me know! It's the last piece I want for my TGUK collection.

I suggest to look harder, I think I owned three copies at a certain point. It is not that rare. Maybe in the USA since it is an European only release.

Old Crow Medicine Show- "Tennessee Pusher" It's not super rare, but it carries a price tag.

Edit: Because my understanding of White Whale is inherently wrong and there are 2 of these for sale on Amazon (and that's pretty much the only place) I change my white whale to:

The test press of the first US run of the Sex Pistols "Never Mind the Bollocks"

I guess that would be tough enough to find and I want it.

Edited by FowtyDollaz

You just prompted me to look and see what people are asking for it. That's fucking bonkers!

Wish Eutaw would get a vinyl release.

Yeah, it's silly - and Nettwerk doesn't want to press anything according to the lady selling merch at their show. She was referencing how well OCMS would sell, but they don't want to press it. I just want a giant boxset of all of it. I'd happily drop $200 on all the albums and eps.

I suggest to look harder, I think I owned three copies at a certain point. It is not that rare. Maybe in the USA since it is an European only release.

Yeah, probably much easier to get in Europe being a euro only release. I've never seen one on discogs, nor on eBay. Definitely not in stores.

My white whales were alexisonfire watch out and Copeland YAMS but given their recent repress they are no more.

Now it's Pop Unknown if arsenic fails try algebra and The Receiving End of sirens the earth sings mi fa mi. The TREOS album is only my white whale because I'm trying to find a copy for less then 30 bucks

I dont think you guys understand what a white whale really is.  Just becuase its pricey does not make it a white whale, it just means its beyond your budget.  

A white whale should be something that you cannot get your hands on regardless of money.  My white whale for years was Big Choice by Face to Face, which was pressed for promotional use only.  I had cash in hand and still had to wait several years before I found a copy for sale.

I dont think you guys understand what a white whale really is.  Just becuase its pricey does not make it a white whale, it just means its beyond your budget.  

A white whale should be something that you cannot get your hands on regardless of money.  My white whale for years was Big Choice by Face to Face, which was pressed for promotional use only.  I had cash in hand and still had to wait several years before I found a copy for sale.

Page 43 and we're still having to explain this. Awesome.

Holy crap...someone please go through this thread and quote every one of these explanations.  There will be at least 20 of them.