Black Friday Record Store Day 2014

I got my 'non-US' version of the GOTG tape in, and I'm not too impressed.  Why couldn't they have just made it look the same?  :(

Is it just the insert or the actual tape too?

congrats bro! Im glad u scored one. If I had an extra u were first in the list.

Why thank you. I was determined to find one and not pay evilbay prices. I'm wondering though if they got a late shipment or they were cancelled orders. It doesn't seem like they releasing them again. I actually was also able to order one for a friend too. We've been tag teaming places to get one.

I got my 'non-US' version of the GOTG tape in, and I'm not too impressed.  Why couldn't they have just made it look the same?  :(

is this the one? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Soundtrack-Tape-Cassette-/281518054849?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item418bc89dc1

if so, that sucks :(

Yah, that's the one. :(

Did you hit up Blackbyrd last Friday?  I didn't go because I knew I would spend money I didn't have.  I went in to grab a ticket for the Alvvays show tonight the other day, and asked about Death Grips.  Apparently they got one copy and the first guy in the store bought it, haha.  Manage to snag anything cool?

Reasons people are going crazy:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy was a great film.

2. It's part of the white-hot Marvel franchise.

3. Cassettes, formerly only embraced by the DIY community, are coming around and becoming trendy again (see: Cassette Store Day, Ty Segall tapes, etc).

4. It's marketed as "limited edition."

5. It's marketed as part of Record Store Day - Black Friday.

6. The music on it isn't half bad.

7. It greatly resembles a prop from the film, so beyond the music it's a nice conversation piece.

8. It's the sort of item that got non-record collectors into stores to hunt down; record collectors are competing with casual and/or non-collectors for this item.

9. It's the first cassette Disney has manufactured since the early 90s, so I'm sure there's some crazy Disney collectors who want it just for that.

10. Groot

Reasons people are going crazy:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy was a great film.

2. It's part of the white-hot Marvel franchise.

3. Cassettes, formally only embraced by the DIY community, are coming around and becoming trendy again (see: Cassette Store Day, Ty Segall tapes, etc).

4. It's marketed as "limited edition."

5. It's marketed as part of Record Store Day - Black Friday.

6. The music on it isn't half bad.

7. It greatly resembles a prop from the film, so beyond the music it's a nice conversation piece.

8. It's the sort of item that got non-record collectors into stores to hunt down; record collectors are competing with casual and/or non-collectors for this item.

9. It's the first cassette Disney has manufactured since the early 90s, so I'm sure there's some crazy Disney collectors who want it just for that.

10. Groot

Well, really good analysis haha.