Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

hey guys. I went live in the SJ area, and i'm wondering where do you believe in philly is the best shop for rsd and why? This could be for any reason but the more descriptive the better! thanks for your responses.

Nowhere. I'm not being sarcastic or mean. There are no good RSD shops in Philly.

Hey guys. I'm new to the board but I was hoping to share a couple of RSD15 related updates. I come from the Soul Strut side of the internet so I'm hoping no one bites my head off. Anyway here is the deal, my company Tucker & Bloom makes DJ/record bags and we're doing a couple of giveaways.
The first give away is with Third Man Records. We're doing a giveaway for a record bag filled with exclusives. The contents include:

• Third Man Records  X Tucker & Bloom Messenger Bag
  • Elvis "My Happiness" 10" Record (Facsimile of Elvis' first recording)
  • The White Stripes "Get Behind Me Satan" Reissue on red and white 180 gram vinyl
  • RSD-exclusive pin, sticker and White Stripes baseball card designed by Rob Jones

You can sign up for the THIRD MAN RECORDS giveaway here.

The second give away is with the blog Flea Market FunkThe prizes included in the Flea Market Funk giveaway include some great stuff from Record Breakin' Music in Philly and a bunch of other stuff:

• Tucker & Bloom North To South messenger bag 
  • Tucker & Bloom t-shirt
  • A double LP of Yasiin Gaye by Amerigo Gazaway. 
  • Lil' Dave - Chips & Salsa (7") Record Breakin' Music
  • Coultrain - The Wanderer (7") Record Breakin' Music
  • La Melodia - Chemistry (7") Record Breakin' Music
  • I, Ced - Another Look at U (EP) (7") Record Breakin' Music
  • J1 aka The Deer - The Yellow (EP) (7") Record Breakin' Music
  • Fatnice - Peace, Love & Unity (Remixes) (7") Record Breakin' Music
  • Dali - Fine Young Man (7") Record Breakin' Music
  • Big Pimp Jones - Rigor Mortis  (7") - RBMB

Hey guys. I'm new to the board but I was hoping to share a couple of RSD15 related updates. I come from the Soul Strut side of the internet so I'm hoping no one bites my head off. Anyway here is the deal, my company Tucker & Bloom makes DJ/record bags and we're doing a couple of giveaways.
The first give away is with Third Man Records. We're doing a giveaway for a record bag filled with exclusives. The contents include:

• The White Stripes "Get Behind Me Satan" Reissue on red and white 180 gram vinyl
  • RSD-exclusive pin, sticker and White Stripes baseball card designed by Rob Jones

The second give away is with the blog Flea Market FunkThe prizes included in the Flea Market Funk giveaway include some great stuff from Record Breakin' Music in Philly and a bunch of other stuff:

• Tucker & Bloom t-shirt

i signed up for the third man release! 8 entries total. and ps why long in the tooth?

• Tucker & Bloom t-shirt

i signed up for the third man release! 8 entries total. and ps why long in the tooth?

A lot of stores won't have the Elvis release by Saturday......we received our copies to distribute today. They're kind of cheesy, honestly. The labels are made to look old and worn...but come across really really cheesy. Expensive and hokey piece for two songs that most of you have heard and won't be able to play on your turntables....

A lot of stores won't have the Elvis release by Saturday......we received our copies to distribute today. They're kind of cheesy, honestly. The labels are made to look old and worn...but come across really really cheesy. Expensive and hokey piece for two songs that most of you have heard and won't be able to play on your turntables....

wait... how much is third man demanding for this one?

Since you plan on going early and getting stuff for other people, what is it that you unfortunately cannot do on RSD this year? I'm genuinely confused :)

Late reply, but I'm losing my job at the end of the month, and don't have enough spare cash to afford much more than rent and bills. It's more of a money thing than a schedule conflict.

Getting to my store (Papa Jazz in Columbia, SC) at 6 AM (they open at 8). Hoping to grab the Every Time I Die, Makthaverskan, The Devil Wears Prada, and The Front Bottoms 7"s as well as The White Stripes and (hopefully) Deja Entendu.

I went there a few months back. Great store

Where would we have heard these never before released recordings?

Where would we have heard these never before released recordings?

Are these not them?

He said people have heard the song before, not necessarily the versions (although maybe the versions were released). And how many people are really going to play these or have the capability to.