Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Just getting here now to my vacation RSD store. Somehow I always seem to be out of town every RSD! I know I'll be out of town for BF RSD since it's the holiday and we travel for it. But 2 RSD's in a row now I've had to set up camp in front of unfamiliar territory. Stoped in this store yesterday to ask about stock level and they got exactly 1or2 of the releases I want (Citizen Dick, Foos, John Butler, Ryan Adams, Bosstones) good thing I'm first in line!

I woke up when i planned to get in line. But that's kind of what I get for getting drunk and passing out before setting an alarm. Expectations are not high right now.

Got to my store at 6:10 and was about 20th in line. Last year 6:00 would have put me at the front of the queue and 7:00 got me 6th in line.

Still got most of what I wanted though and had some good conversations in the queue so all good.

For this area of the UK it seems there are more stores with more people queuing earlier and I expect the same numbers of pressings but because there are more stores they are more thinly spread around, talking to the owner of the shop he said he didn't receive the same numbers of items as last year even though he ordered more.