Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

So, I start my new job tomorrow which is a huge bummer.. I have to miss RSD again this year. Would anyone mind helping me track down a copy of the Polaris LP? I'm hoping it'll wind up on Bullmoose or 1234 Go.

If I can snag an extra (doubtful) I'll hook you up, dude. That's my rsd good deed though.

So I don't have to go into work until the afternoon apparently now, so that's a plus. I decided I'm gonna try 3 record stores around San Diego and they are Lou's Records, Standard's Records, and Spin records. Sucks that they all open around the same time (10 am) so I don't know which one to hit up first. Decisions decisions.

I went over to Vintage Vinyl in NJ at 11pm, figuring, eh I'll just put the time in so I can get my Leatherface box set. There were already about 50 people in line. Fuck that, I'm not putting in that kind of time to potentially not get the record I wanted. That's just crazy. So yeah, I think this is all Brand New's fault.

I went over to Vintage Vinyl in NJ at 11pm, figuring, eh I'll just put the time in so I can get my Leatherface box set. There were already about 50 people in line. Fuck that, I'm not putting in that kind of time to potentially not get the record I wanted. That's just crazy. So yeah, I think this is all Brand New's fault.

Damn, thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll be sleeping in.

Damn... 

I'm planning on going to Scotti's as usual. The crowds have shown up earlier and gotten worse each year, I'm wondering if it will be the same as Vintage this time. 

So I don't have to go into work until the afternoon apparently now, so that's a plus. I decided I'm gonna try 3 record stores around San Diego and they are Lou's Records, Standard's Records, and Spin records. Sucks that they all open around the same time (10 am) so I don't know which one to hit up first. Decisions decisions.

Sounds like you're North County?

I always go to Lou's, Record City, and M-Theory.. and then typically find good stuff at Spin City the next day.

I would recommend with either Lou's or Spin when it comes to RSD in NSD. I've been able to get what I've wanted every year. Of course they are usually less limited and I'm usually just strolling in after the line goes in and picks through. Lou's is going to have a ticketing deal where you will be able to pick up a certain amount of records (3 or 5) and then proceed to purchase them in a line in the order that you were in line. Spin might be less crowded but will still bring a good amount of folks as well. With RSD Black Friday, the owner of Spin gave us the wishlist of one record we wanted the most before we entered cause once he does, everyone goes in. Either way, good luck! I'll probably will check the aftermath at around 11.