DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Man, as much as I want the 180 gram, I'm having a really hard time convincing myself it's worth an extra $15 compared to the Amazon version...

Same. $30 isn't great but I can swallow that. Damn near $50 is fucking insane. If they would just cut the shipping in half I would've impulse bought it last night.

So we all know that Warner Bros. is a major label at this point. And what are the prices like when you are buying vinyl from a major label direct from the label/band website? They're shit. They have always been ever since the vinyl revival has begun. They know exactly how to rip people off and that the people will lap it up.

I hope to fucking GOD that the retail is NOT white. I will not be stuck owning this album on white vinyl. I just won't. I also don't want to be gouged on a "180 gram" hyped up price. That weight is bullshit. I'll take 120 gram black every day over that as long as its mastered and pressed with care.

I guess I really just hope that the retail is black and not white. Fuck white. And I don't want to have to buy that 180 just so I can have it on black but I'll do what I must. I wish we could have info on the retail press from the label.

Curious if Amazon will carry the 140g White or the 180g black. Also, the picture on Deftones website makes it look like a 2xLP, but can't seem to find any confirmation on that.

Judging by the "exclusive to the Deftones music store" banner on the Warner store I think you can rule out 180g black at Amazon. Also that same banner says "2LP", sooooo yea it's a double.

I think it's pretty strange how this whole thing rolled out.  There was zero awareness of a preorder.  No talk about when you'd be able to buy or what you'd be able to buy.  You'd think with such a large label supporting it, you'd have more information, but I guess not.

And even though white gets hated on, literally all the time, I've yet to have a bad white pressing.  Palms, Crosses, Minus the Bear and British Theatre are some white LPs I own and none of them sound bad.  Granted I haven't A/B'd them with different colors, but I've never thought they sounded worse than any black LP I have.  But maybe other people have had shittier experiences with white?  At any rate, this release has been strange, the pricing blows, and it seems like even with all the hype, people who are most stoked about the release are ending up being the most disappointed upon first glance.  And that sucks.