over 100 reported killed by terrorists at Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris

Tardcore

This is so surreal. Earlier that day there was a threat against the German soccer team, so they got evacuated. Luckily it was just a false alarm, but still there was this weird feeling afterall. During the actual game you could hear clearly an explosion, but nobody really knew where it came from. It wasn't in the stadium, still it's a miracle that nobody panicked after what happened to Charlie Hebdo.

I'm sorry for the victims and their families and I'm afraid of where this will lead us. It definitely adds fuel to the fire and nationalists like the Front National (FN) will gain even more popularity. Xenophobia is the last thing we need, while we have to deal with the whole refugees issues.

This is so surreal. Earlier that day there was a threat against the German soccer team, so they got evacuated. Luckily it was just a false alarm, but still there was this weird feeling afterall. During the actual game you could hear clearly an explosion, but nobody really knew where it came from. It wasn't in the stadium, still it's a miracle that nobody panicked after what happened to Charlie Hebdo.

I'm sorry for the victims and their families and I'm afraid of where this will lead us. It definitely adds fuel to the fire and nationalists like the Front National (FN) will gain even more popularity. Xenophobia is the last thing we need, while we have to deal with the whole refugees issues.

Over 100 people are dead and you're worried about xenophobia?

Obviously you didn't get the point. The problem is, that will end in even more hate and more dead people. I don't know how well informed you are regarding the whole refugee issue, but the situation here in Europe is very tense. There has been violence against asylum seeking people, building have been set on fire and tragedies like yesterday will even worse the situation. It's sad to say this, but I'm afraid that this is just the beginning of a vicious cycle of hate (on both sides).

come on

Jesus dude, every single time there's a tragic event being discussed on these boards someone has to nit-pick what other people say/think/feel. Let's all just be cool to each other for once.

Well his user name IS FlippingOut... 

Obviously you didn't get the point. The problem is, that will end in even more hate and more dead people. I don't know how well informed you are regarding the whole refugee issue, but the situation here in Europe is very tense. There has been violence against asylum seeking people, building have been set on fire and tragedies like yesterday will even worse the situation. It's sad to say this, but I'm afraid that this is just the beginning of a vicious cycle of hate (on both sides).

Exactly. Normal people are being slowly marginalized in Europe. At least their voice. Events like those in Paris are terrible tragedy but some organizations are celebrating. They want to destroy the values on which this land is build on. I hope they fail, but fear makes more and more people think irrational.

12219424_985699231487108_242547420752770

I almost hate to ask, but can you elaborate on this? I don't even understand this premise.

Just saw a lot of people getting mad at people for supporting France but not the students at Missouri, or gay rights, or being against police brutality. Also saw people getting called bandwagoners for supporting Paris. Deleted a lot of people today but just decided to go ghost on FB for awhile

Apparently the NFL is beefing up security for Sunday's games in the wake of the tragedy. 

Makes me sick to my stomach to think of those folks who attended the concert just wanting to enjoy music coming face-to-face with the cowardly dirtbag terrorists. Seems no place is safe anymore; concerts, shopping malls, soccer stadiums, etc.