Favorite Band(s) you haven't seen live?

dapeebs

I try not to think about never being able to see Zeppelin live. I don't even know how I would process that, seeing them. I did see Paige play once as a special guest and they covered a few Zeppelin songs. That's as good as its going to get. Just born too damn late.

We need to invent time machines specifically for this reason.

It's depressing that I'll never be able to see them but I am glad that they're not touring like Sabbath are. I love Sabbath and being able to see Sabbath 1970-1976 live must have been amazing, but seeing them now just can't be any good. I really like how Zep did the huge Ertegun tribute and left it at that.

It's depressing that I'll never be able to see them but I am glad that they're not touring like Sabbath are. I love Sabbath and being able to see Sabbath 1970-1976 live must have been amazing, but seeing them now just can't be any good. I really like how Zep did the huge Ertegun tribute and left it at that.

Very true. It's not really Sabbath anymore, just like it wouldn't really be Zeppelin. And I admire bands like Floyd vowing never to do the reunion thing.

Against Me!  - they played the same night Mad Caddies played in CT and I decided to stay at home and now I regret that I didn't see either band.

La Dispute. ugh

I had the chance to see La Dispute a handful of times, but by far their best show I've seen was in their hometown of Grand Rapids - so much emotion tied to it, and they announced that night that Kevin would be leaving the band.

You gotta see them the next chance you have - definitely won't regret it!

For bands I'd love to see, probably Prince, Whirr, Tigers Jaw, or The Milk Carton Kids

Against Me! - they played the same night Mad Caddies played in CT and I decided to stay at home and now I regret that I didn't see either band.

I was stoked as all hell to get to open for them, right after Axl Rose was released...until everyone in the band, except the drummer old drummer, turned out to be a huge jerk. I still listen to them regularly, but a 20 year old me was heartbroken back then.

I had the chance to see La Dispute a handful of times, but by far their best show I've seen was in their hometown of Grand Rapids - so much emotion tied to it, and they announced that night that Kevin would be leaving the band.

You gotta see them the next chance you have - definitely won't regret it!

For bands I'd love to see, probably Prince, Alt-J, Whirr (although maybe not, considering their personalities), Tigers Jaw, or The Milk Carton Kids

I'm not the biggest fan of La Dispute, but they put on one hell of a show. Saw them in Chicago and their set was insane. 

The only thing I can think of right now is

At the Drive In (huge fan of Omar and Cedric!) but with that festival they're playing in a few months maybe they'll also do a small tour.

Luckily every band I've ever had a desire to see I've had the chance to see them.

But did miss my chance at seeing Robert Plant in Vegas a few months ago....would've been cool to see him and the Zeppelin songs he played, but I've been in Mexico.

I have seen every band I have a high interest in seeing besides.

Daft Punk (couldn't go to alive 2007, sucked)

Rage against the machine(dont play shows)

I got to see Rage in 2007 at a festival in Vegas from afar. And back then I was a fucking idiot and "hated electronic music" and skipped out on Daft Punk at the same festival. I still regret that so much, I had the chance to see them and made the conscious effort not to.

Dinosaur Jr.

Sigur Ros

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Radiohead

Slowdive

Queens of the Stone Age

Guided By Voices

Jesu

My Bloody Valentine

Neil Young

Here's my list off the top of my head. I've seen a couple of side projects or solo shows (Jonsi, Them Crooked Vultures, Thom Yorke/Atoms for Peace), so I should count myself lucky for what I've seen, but I'd really love to see these bands.

Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. I'll most likely be remedying both of those next year though. Already have Sabbath tickets. I'm not expecting much since they're getting pretty old, but I think it'll be worth it to at least see them.

Saw them in 1999 and last year. They were very good---probably better than you would expect. Definitely better than Judas Priest who I saw a few weeks ago.

Surprised so many haven't seen Waits. He's had some pretty extensive tours in recent years, I thought. I've seen him three times and he's everything you think he'll be.

Extensive tours? How do you figure? A handful of dates in the States is extensive? Eight shows in 2006 and twelve in 2008. 

Caught a few bands that people have mentioned and was lucky/old enough to see bands like The Smiths, Fugazi, Black Flag (Rollins), The Gun Club, etc. I saw Nirvana five or six times---including a show with a little more than twenty people in attendance. But bands that I really wish I could have seen are Joy Division, Squirrel Bait, Minor Threat and Husker Du. The only one on that list that I could have seen is Husker Du and I never did. I was probably too busy catching Love & Rockets or The Mission. Dumb.

Extensive tours? How do you figure? A handful of dates in the States is extensive? Eight shows in 2006 and twelve in 2008.

People are saying bands like dinosaur jr, built to spill,against me,etid,hatebreed and someone picks out Tom waits and thinks he does extensive tours?

Built to spill probably play 75 shows a year

Maybe I'm wrong, I just generally assume if someone comes to St. Louis (which is where I saw him last in 2008, I think), it's cause it's a big tour. We don't generally make the list on a more limited tour.