The Weezer Thread

I didn't say they shouldn't do it...I said no thanks, meaning I have no interest in going.

Of course it makes sense.

However, bands do very often play smaller venues during breaks in tours like this.

Chas, you have a lot to learn my friend...Weezer hasn't done a club tour since the Pinkerton Tour in 96/97 (which I saw in Ft. Lauderdale). Rare exceptions only...secret /warm-up shows in CA have been few and far between.

Panic is also Theatre/Small Ampitheatre draw at this point as well in most markets. We'd all like to see both bands in smaller venues...but it's a numbers game.

Chas, you have a lot to learn my friend...Weezer hasn't done a club tour since the Pinkerton Tour in 96/97 (which I saw in Ft. Lauderdale). Rare exceptions only...secret /warm-up shows in CA have been few and far between.

Panic is also Theatre/Small Ampitheatre draw at this point as well in most markets. We'd all like to see both bands in smaller venues...but it's a numbers game.

What does that have to do with learning?

You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

I'm 37 years old...I've been listening to Weezer since my sophomore year in high school.

I just expressed the opinion that I would not spend money to see them in an amphitheater.

I also don't plan to see FOB on their arena tour.  It's a personal preference.

Weezer did a club tour last year actually. I saw them at the Sinclair in Cambridge, MA, which I believe has an 800 cap.

Surprisingly got the email yesterday about getting the tri-color too. Pretty stoked.

Also, this is a pretty weird tour, but I can't say I'm surprised since I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that Panic's single "Victorious," was co-written by Rivers.

Yeah he did co-write that single.  I can't wait to see the fans get upset at the shows that the band they like isn't the one headlining.  Folks in the Weezer fan group are mortified that P!ATD may headline some shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to Songs From The Black Hole a lot recently. Getting me excited for the new album.

My best friend and I used to listen to Weezer religiously back in the Blue era, and are still huge (old) Weezer fans. So we decided that if the new album is good we are going to go see them on this upcoming tour.

I've been listening to Songs From The Black Hole a lot recently. Getting me excited for the new album.

My best friend and I used to listen to Weezer religiously back in the Blue era, and are still huge (old) Weezer fans. So we decided that if the new album is good we are going to go see them on this upcoming tour.

you should still go see them... they play all the hits and the fan favorites. they're not one of those bands that plays like 7 songs off the new album and then 1 off every else. they'll probably play max 3 or 4 songs off this release.