There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

They are more than welcome to criticize, but I was called out on not knowing what irony is. I pointed out the fact this candidate openly calls for the other to be shot. That is irony.

And on college campuses all over the country, the curriculum has been altered so it doesn't offend anyones delicate sensitivities. That is, in fact, censorship. 

People getting upset because of my "poor taste" makes me laugh. I have definitely changed my view on the demographics of this board though.

Edited by numanoid

37 minutes ago, numanoid said:

I doubt anyone is saying anything to Danzig on some internet forum.

He's to busy to mess with the internet forums...

glenn-danzig-kitty-litter-608x817.jpg

Also before you start labeling this community as some hypersensitive liberal safespace you should go read the Bernie/Trump threads.

Please don't get your blue blood on the carpet.

2 hours ago, numanoid said:

Looks like you guys are too PC for your own good. I bleed blue, but I really don't understand political correctness. It's nothing more than the left wings version of censorship.

I was with you until this. I thought the shirt was bad, but only because I hate the Misfits. I had nothing negative to say. But no, this is wrong and dumb. Stop being wrong and dumb.

I'm pretty much over defending this. I don't care if anyone thinks it's in bad taste. What I do find offensive is that anyone can support a blatantly racist, xenophobic, sexist like Donald Trump. And even if he loses, whether it's to Hillary, Jill Stein, Bernie... Those supporters are still out there, being racist, sexist and xenophobic. Make America great again is a thinly veiled way of saying Make America the 50's again or perhaps even Make American White Again.  Take America back to that wonderful time when white males reigned supreme. 

^ This is why some people view these kinds of violent/extreme ideas unhelpful to a cause.  They give people the opportunity to deflect and shift focus away from the issues and toward a "us vs. them" argument like "See!  The left are more violent than the right!" "So much for being tolerant!" etc etc.. In reality, you're one dude making t-shirts in Photoshop because you're upset about Trump but, in their mind, you now represent the Left and the Left's hatred and violence and hypocrisy.  I'm sure you'll now be a reference or counter-point anytime the topic of extremism or violence on the right comes up in the non-music discussion forum ("You are offended that Trump suggested someone assassinate Clinton?!  There are liberals on this board selling violent anti-Trump assassination shirts!").

Edited by rds

19 minutes ago, birdwell said:

Maybe not relevant, but definitely poignant.

It's just a world of difference between a punk shirt and something like Trump's roundabout implication that someone would assassinate Clinton.

Clinton's campaign endorsing the image would be fucked up and wrong. But the image itself is par for the course. It has nothing to do with right/left.

1 hour ago, numanoid said:

And even if he loses, whether it's to Hillary, Jill Stein, Bernie... 

Wow, so you haven't been paying much attention to the election. That's cool, a lot of people here militantly stand by a hypocritical opinion they formed via Facebook memes and Last Week Tonight clips.

Can you print, "Words are worse than violence," or, "I love war," on the back? That'd be REAL punk rock.

On 8/28/2016 at 7:18 AM, numanoid said:

So I came up with this last night. I'm making them next weekend. Anyone interested?

Unfit_zpsaio8ndp4.jpg

I don't support Trump (or Hillary)

I thought the original design was clever

I am not offended by this design

This design is not clever and misses the mark that the original hit.  I'd like it if you'd actually pulled off something smart here, but you haven't.