Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

I filed a claim as well. Fuck this bullshit. It can't be canceled, but they're still trying to figure out when the actual release date is? What?!

Yeah, that response you got was pretty shady honestly considering everyone that probably cancelled today including myself. I wonder if someone is getting pissed about all the cancellations so they started sending that response out instead hoping some people will just stick with it.

1 minute ago, Petehiltonjr said:

Honestly confused why everyone is so interested in canceling? Is it because it's not as limited as you initially thought? Or that there's a minor delay in shipping? Or something else entirely? Just curious. 

$35 for a single LP that's like 35 minutes long...which you can get for $10 less elsewhere, all because it has a 'K' on it, likely inscribed by an intern

I canceled because his "signature" could easily be done by anyone.  When they kept relisting them it was obvious they were selling thousands and thousands of these, which only increases the likelihood that the "signature" is bullshit.  So why should I pay extra and wait for at least a month when the non-signed vinyl is readily available?  Hard pass.

43 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I canceled because his "signature" could easily be done by anyone.  When they kept relisting them it was obvious they were selling thousands and thousands of these, which only increases the likelihood that the "signature" is bullshit.  So why should I pay extra and wait for at least a month when the non-signed vinyl is readily available?  Hard pass.

Precisely

Edited by teddy

14 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

cancelled on the phone, took 5 secs. they had to "check" if it was an uncancellable order first. hopefully this will teach labels/distros they cannot just change release dates and limited edition numbers willy-nilly, but i doubt it. now wheres my ringo deathstarr sparkler order that i placed in FEBRUARY?

Seriously? Release dates get pushed sometimes. Often it's so you get a better final product. The numbers thing I get, but as for release dates, don't be ridiculous.

50 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Did everyone else receive that email from them this morning about an expected June ship date?

I hope my PayPal claim gets approved and I can have my money back. I'll pick this up in a year for cheap.

Yup.  Just got it.  Really pissed me off for some reason haha.  It was like they were rubbing it in that they didn't cancel my order.  But yeah... Hope my claim gets approved as well.

4 minutes ago, Lunarjetman said:

Can anyone share an email address to contact to cancel please?

Or is everyone using the web form on the website... I have asked for a refund via this form and havent heard a thing. I am in the UK so was hoping not to have to call....

All the best, LJ

I just replied to my order confirmation email and had a response within an hour.

9 hours ago, apirk said:

I still don't know why everyone thinks these will be fake.  I get anytime you don't see someone sign it in person a signature could be fake but it is t like signing a shit ton of something is rare for a musician, celebrity or athlete to do.  

probably because he set it as a limited release of 2k then changed it to 4k then took that "limited" number off.. finally after a super long time they took it down only to re-open it recently AGAIN even though they were already weeks behind on shipping to all the people that already ordered it months ago. Between the record and the cd release that is probably over 10k signatures. so I would say there is a good chance he is having someone helping him, it might not be rare for musicians to do signings but it is pretty rare at this high of a number. even if not though for 35, you get a basic 1lp release with a very bland insert that has a "k" scribbled on it. All that while it is already 10 dollars cheaper, readily available and will probably be 15-20+ cheaper easily in the future if you wait a bit. If the whole situation was not handled so unprofessionally I would have been fine with it but I am glad I was able to get out and spend that extra money somewhere else. at least that is my reason.

nothing wrong if you want to stick with it but there is no question this entire release was handled pretty damn bad from the very beginning.

Edited by hype

17 hours ago, Tommy said:

Thank you. Is this everyone's firsts pre-order? Christ

Good thing most of these impatient people weren't privy the the mailorder generation...the suicide rate would have spiked if they had to wait 8-10 weeks for a record in the mail from a label or distro....Imagine sending well hidden cash in an envelope and hoping you got something back in return? Geez...tighten up...