Record Store Day 2016

In line already? For this list? I'm honestly surprised because I can't see anything worth lining up earlier than a few hours for.

I think it's just for that Jack Black record in Nashville.  I'll be surprised if there's a big early line by me.  Nothing really stands out to me, but I'll be there - just not super early.  

There will be autographed Sublime records/cassettes at my location, so that might bring more people out. 

the prices i'm seeing stores post on instagram are making me really nervous for this year. I saw a store post that ODB picture disc at $28.99 and it's two fucking songs. Apparently that Nothing 12" is $18.99. I feel like last year I got a lot of stuff super fair and I didn't even spend $100 even though I got a lot of full length material. Here's to hoping it's just stores those stores marking stuff up really bad.

The simple solution is just don't buy the overpriced shit. I don't even go to RSD anymore because it's so overhyped and most of the stuff is crap. When I did go I would buy a bunch of stuff I thought I needed. In hindsight, most of the records I could have lived without or bought cheaper a year later. It used to be fun to go, now it's just turned into a general waste of time. People lining up two days before a store opens is just pathetic. I guess if that's how you want to spend your short time on Earth, have at it.  :blink:

Hah.  So my local store usually puts out Friday's new releases on Wednesday.  So I was looking for a Kings of Convenience reissue, and in the K section I saw that they had the RSD Kind of Like Spitting reissue out already.  Probably an oversight.  I did look for everything on my RSD wantlist, and none of that stuff was out early.  Bummed.

Hah. So my local store usually puts out Friday's new releases on Wednesday. So I was looking for a Kings of Convenience reissue, and in the K section I saw that they had the RSD Kind of Like Spitting reissue out already. Probably an oversight. I did look for everything on my RSD wantlist, and none of that stuff was out early. Bummed.

That's not an official item just a "also released on RSD thing"

How does one find this kind of info out? This is the only thing I was interested in this year.

Several stores have posted they have not received their copies on instagram / twitter.  

I don't know if this means if they didn't get pressed in time or if just one distributor didn't get them out in time.

The simple solution is just don't buy the overpriced shit. I don't even go to RSD anymore because it's so overhyped and most of the stuff is crap. When I did go I would buy a bunch of stuff I thought I needed. In hindsight, most of the records I could have lived without or bought cheaper a year later. It used to be fun to go, now it's just turned into a general waste of time. People lining up two days before a store opens is just pathetic. I guess if that's how you want to spend your short time on Earth, have at it.  :blink:

That's what my attitude is turning towards- I might just regret spending this money. I'm not going to buy a Jay Reatard release for some bonus content if it's going to be almost $30, and as much as I want that Nothing piece in my collection.... $20 for a single isn't going to be worth it when it's going to be on the full length I'm getting soon.

That's what my attitude is turning towards- I might just regret spending this money. I'm not going to buy a Jay Reatard release for some bonus content if it's going to be almost $30, and as much as I want that Nothing piece in my collection.... $20 for a single isn't going to be worth it when it's going to be on the full length I'm getting soon.

Also, doesn't that Nothing single have one track from the album and one re-recorded version of an old song?  And its on white vinyl which is almost always the worst.  Yea, I just ticked that off my list.  I'll grab that track digitally and save my money.

I'd love to boycott RSD over their prices but I can't cause I never really participated in the first place. I was bored two years ago and bought a Deer Tick 7" and Chad VanGaalen 7" at my local shop at 3pm on RSD and last year I picked up the KOLS reissue from another shop the day after RSD. Other than that, RSD wouldn't miss my money that was never there.

Woah woah woah, hold the phone. There are TWO Christopher Lee releases this RSD!?

Honestly the only thing im bothered about is that Deftones B-Sides & Rarities. I may try my local store on the day, it's mostly dad rockers around here wanting Elvis or Bowie pressings so hopefully I'll be able to grab a copy.

It's a double.

Oh, the Music On Vinyl site lists it as a single LP. http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/mew/and-the-glass-handed-kites-rsd-2016

That said I've also seen it listed as a 2000-copy silver vinyl, a 2000-copy transparent run and I'm sure I read something about there being pink copies too. If you're able to clarify it more I'd be hugely appreciative!

Annnnnnnnd the RSD bitching has returned.

I know bitching about the bitching is hypocritical of me, but oh well.

I get it, though.  Everything is overpriced, people lining up are stupid, the list blows, everyone is stupid I HATE VINYLZZZZZZZ blah blah blah.

I am hyped for Saturday, as I am every year, and hope I can get everything I want.  In fact, my want list might be bigger than ever, and the store I'm going to literally listed everything I want.  I feel sorry for everyone who has such a problem with the day.  Living in NE Ohio has it's perks I guess.  Every record store I go to is calm, the people are cool, and I usually find everything I want.  And if I don't, nice folks here at VC usually are able to help out.

All and all, a win for me.