The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

35 minutes ago, freedumb said:

Unclear with why this is disappointing?

Guess I'm in the minority to think that 7 variants with more to be announced for one pressing is completely unnecessary.  Lakeshore/Invada have created a situation where consumers feel it's necessary to purchase multiple copies and tie up their hard earned money only to cancel later if a mysterious box set or deluxe version is cooler or more limited.  And that's okay?  I'm sorry but that's bullshit in my opinion.  Wanna release 20 different colors?  Fine, but be transparent so people can make a choice without spending hundreds of dollars first.                

Edited by kisol

10 minutes ago, kisol said:

Guess I'm in the minority to think that 7 variants with more to be announced for one pressing is completely unnecessary.  Lakeshore/Invada have created a situation where consumers feel it's necessary to purchase multiple copies and tie up their hard earned money only to cancel later if a mysterious box set or deluxe version is cooler or more limited.  And that's okay?  I'm sorry but that's bullshit in my opinion.               

The only thing bullshit about it is that people continue to buy all the variants. I think buying multiple variants of a record is silly, but the consumers are creating the demand. No one is forcing anyone's hand in buying these records. If someone feels it's necessary to own 7 copies of the same album, any issues with the amount of "hard earned money" they have is their own damn fault.

Edited by throwgncpr

27 minutes ago, s_r0d said:

How many variants do they need? They really know how to milk this. 

Is "milking this" the same as "meeting demands?" Considering how quickly these are all selling, I'm surprised they don't make more!

I'm hoping to get one from VMP or HT. I, personally, appreciate the massive amount of variants, though I would have enjoyed all of the variants' information being released all at once.

That being said, my random thought - it'd be so tight if "VHS Variant" ended up being black with two clear orbs in the middle, emulating a "VHS" appearance.

55 minutes ago, freedumb said:

Unclear with why this is disappointing?

I'm convinced there are people on this board who will find a way to complain no matter what the outcome. Invada found a way to literally please everyone except for beanie babie record collectors; they released variants in the U.S. and in Europe so people in both continents can buy this and save on shipping costs. They kept the pressing numbers high to ensure everyone has a chance to snag one. And now people are complaining there are too many variants, only because they treat vinyl like Pokemon and need to catch every version of their favorite album that comes out. It's an absolute joke. 

Imagine if they released one variant, limited to 500 copies and it sold out immediately. How many people would be crying their eyes out over here over that situation? Obviously Invada knew there would be a bajillion people who wanted this album so they pressed a shit load of them. I have no problem with that, or the fact that people who can't afford to buy all of them won't be able to keep their stranger things soundtrack collection complete. Maybe it'll force them to go outside and get some sun, or something. 

Edited by yanquiuxo

I am thinking the box set has something else if they are 'hammering out the details'. Most box sets I own have a fancy 'booklet' that isn't all special but given the cult appeal of this and the references in there, I am thinking they can so something. Maybe a replica of the D&D game map or something. I mean, it's going to cost a fair bit anyway.

21 minutes ago, LeeKaye said:

I am thinking the box set has something else if they are 'hammering out the details'. Most box sets I own have a fancy 'booklet' that isn't all special but given the cult appeal of this and the references in there, I am thinking they can so something. Maybe a replica of the D&D game map or something. I mean, it's going to cost a fair bit anyway.

I demand the records be Eggo pic discs or I'll be bummed out.

31 minutes ago, LeeKaye said:

Of course there will be extra things, but the real reason is that they are making sure people buy all of the other variants before they drop the box. Most fans will probably end up with at least 2 variants through default. I'm just hoping that my smoke order comes through, because I'm not buying anything else until I see that box. If I can keep my variants down to two, I will feel like I controlled my urge to buy it all. I do predict that there will be plenty of these on ebay and discogs for original cost, right after people get their box sets or extra variants.

Anyone else who ordered the "VHS" variant from Bullmoose get the email from them saying that "VHS means black?"

Thought it was kind of funny.  I wonder how many emails the got to warrant that.  I also wonder how many cancellations they'll get now from the people who were expecting something different.  I like to think people were hoping it was a bright orange like the old Nickalodean VHS'.  Oh well, for those who were hoping that, I'm sure Enjoy The Toons will have a variant up soon.

1 minute ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Anyone else who ordered the "VHS" variant from Bullmoose get the email from them saying that "VHS means black?"

Thought it was kind of funny.  I wonder how many emails the got to warrant that.  I also wonder how many cancellations they'll get now from the people who were expecting something different.  I like to think people were hoping it was a bright orange like the old Nickalodean VHS'.  Oh well, for those who were hoping that, I'm sure Enjoy The Toons will have a variant up soon.

They also changed their listing from "VHS Colored Vinyl" to "VHS Black Vinyl" which they should have done from the get-go.

2 minutes ago, cobannaboc said:

Was posted a few pages ago, bud.

2 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I like to think people were hoping it was a bright orange like the old Nickalodean VHS'.  Oh well, for those who were hoping that, I'm sure Enjoy The Toons will have a variant up soon.

Sir are you confusing the mid-ninties with the early-eighties? 

New Variant alert:

Translucent red directly from S U R V I V E's bandcamp and Relapse, ltd to /500

https://survive.bandcamp.com/merch/stranger-things-ost-volume-one-2xlp-translucent-red

http://store.relapse.com/item/42316

Edited by lethalenforcer