1 hour ago, Bertmitsfa said:

does anyone know if the cocteau twins is exclusive to the uk or not?

Not exclusive to the UK, but most of them were here (other parts of Europe had some). Wasn't on the US list so it would have had to be specially imported, and no-ones reported seeing them in North America.

Edit: except for the ones in Canada.

Edited by ExtraFox
being wrong.

My sister and I have gone the past 4 years together so while the last was pretty meh, we didn't to carry on our tradition.

Got to the store around 1 AM.  We were 10th in line.  Store opened at 7AM.  I was able to grab the couple things I wanted, but was bummed my store didn't have Damnation AD.  

The prices on RSD always suck, but this year seemed to be even worse.  It seemed like everything was $35-$40.  I passed on a few things I may have grabbed on a whim just because of pricing. 

Pretty excited over my haul. First in line 2 hours before opening so they let me pick one to guarantee I got it. Picked up Miley Cyrus, All Time Low, Sia, Iron Horse, Pineapple Express, Star Wars, Prince, The Beatles, Against Me, Coheed and Cambria  and the Run The Jewels bag. Also got some free older RSD releases since I was first in line from The Weeknd, Lightning Strikes The Postman and Lil Wayne. I hope to get my hands on Space Jam, Gerard Way, Tegan and Sarah/The Regrettes, Thrice, Blade Runner and Danny Brown still. None of my stores in town got them. If anyone can help out let me know. If not I'll wait until the leftovers go up tomorrow. 

First time in a few years that I didn't line up in the morning, got there around 3pm figuring I would grab a few non-RSD things to support my local shop except I couldn't get inside because it would've required walking through a band who they had playing at the front of the store, and through the crowd watching them. If anyone ends up grabbing an extra Hudson Mohawke/Watch Dogs 2 record I would be happy to take it off your hands. 

Edited by erthan

17 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

It's also been out of print since '78, and if you look at how much the originals go for on Discogs, it's worth it.

I mean, to each their own, but just because something costs x amount more for a different version doesn't mean $18 is a good deal for a 7" with under 7 minutes of music on it. The Germs rule and all...that's just crazy to me.

Did anyone that did strictly discs get charged yet? There was a snafu with my wishlist and normally by now I get a cc charge. Just trying to plan ahead so I can grab stuff online later as I wasn't able to make it out today due to medical issues. Guess I don't want to buy things twice if I don't need to but also didn't want to call and bug them either as I'm sure they are swamped all day.

If anyone in Toronto is interested in the BOWPROMO and/or Cracked Actor 74' Live releases I picked these up and am now doubting that I need these.

Selling for what I paid in Canadian including taxes:

BOWPROMO - $95

Cracked Actor - $75

Would rather deal local but can ship if people pay the canadian BS shipping fees.

Let me know.