Jump to content
archiced

PO SOON : Sleep - The Sciences

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Took off work early and scored a green from 1234Go. Bummed I didn't take the day off, like I was thinking I should. I could have easily picked up a split copy up north of me. I had a friend who was close by there, but he was at a docs appointment and couldn't get out of the office in time.

 

Let's take a breath and all remember what happened with Radiohead's last album on white and how we all freaked out. I ended up buying two copies because I was scared one wasn't going to come through. Then they were fairly plentiful and now you can get one for under $35. That band is bigger than Sleep(though they shouldn't be) and that record was limited to 9000. Yes, I can say this calmly now that I have a green, but I think all of you will get one. TMR is just running this through the hype machine and those of us who actually love the band are shitting ourselves as we see flippers flip. I still hope I can stumble across a split.

NM you said they were fairly plentiful.. sorry got carried away. .still on my way to grab a copy.. Store Credit FTW!!

Edited by roadmonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Took off work early and scored a green from 1234Go. Bummed I didn't take the day off, like I was thinking I should. I could have easily picked up a split copy up north of me. I had a friend who was close by there, but he was at a docs appointment and couldn't get out of the office in time.

 

Let's take a breath and all remember what happened with Radiohead's last album on white and how we all freaked out. I ended up buying two copies because I was scared one wasn't going to come through. Then they were fairly plentiful and now you can get one for under $35. That band is bigger than Sleep(though they shouldn't be) and that record was limited to 9000. Yes, I can say this calmly now that I have a green, but I think all of you will get one. TMR is just running this through the hype machine and those of us who actually love the band are shitting ourselves as we see flippers flip. I still hope I can stumble across a split.

It’s near RSD!  Or it’s 4/20!  You have to get that split!

 

its for suckers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the 10.000 on the green actually been confirmed? I didnt think sleep was big enough to push that many vinyl copies. Plus tmr’s websote is already selling a black version as well, and theres that split color to boot. 

 

Good for them though if that many people are into them, they very well should be.

Edited by Dusted_By_Space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nancy_raygun said:

Picked up the last green/black split at my most local shop that was carrying it.  I think the limited has a better cover but I was disappointed to hear that the official release is a gatefold.  Not sure why they wouldn't also make the limited a gatefold, unless they're just fucking with us.

Holy shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Haven't read the whole thread, did no one mention that the limited wasn't gatefold?  Or was that "holy shit" in reference to something else?

I hadn't seen any gatefold discussion. It's really shitty but kinda funny that the limited one isn't a gatefold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I much prefer that gatefold outer cover image and the insert is cooler too than the split color one too. Though I do dig the all green background with the print on it. Still I prefer the overall aesthetic of the gatefold version. I hope its the same for the black copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a heavy duty Stoughton tip on jacket too. Pay $20 more for a much thinner wide spine single pocket jacket with a fucking piece of paper insert and ugly variant because it's more limited... Jack White should seriously feel shitty about ripping people off that way. You'd think him of all people would at least try to not make it so obvious he didn't start up a pressing plant to improve the industry but to milk it even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

That looks like a heavy duty Stoughton tip on jacket too. Pay $20 more for a much thinner wide spine single pocket jacket with a fucking piece of paper insert and ugly variant because it's more limited... Jack White should seriously feel shitty about ripping people off that way. You'd think him of all people would at least try to not make it so obvious he didn't start up a pressing plant to improve the industry but to milk it even more.

 

Personally, I think the alt cover is gorgeous and the variant is too - however I completely agree on the front re: Jack White. Not a fan of his business practices at ALL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, deer said:

 

Personally, I think the alt cover is gorgeous and the variant is too - however I completely agree on the front re: Jack White. Not a fan of his business practices at ALL.

I really like the alt cover too but it's a piece of thickish paper compared to the standard jacket that you could use to murder someone with if you really wanted haha. Imagine a mirrorboard tip on alt-cover I don't think there would be nearly as many complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×