PO: Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance (Revisited)

Got my blue galaxy in, and yeah it's light blue marble at best.

I had a somewhat knee-jerk reaction when this was first released, but after listening to the digital copy several times, I really warmed up to it. There are aspects of the re-record that are really great. My enthusiasm was kind of squashed when I put this on my turntable. There is practically no low-end on this...

16 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

Got my blue galaxy in, and yeah it's light blue marble at best.

I had a somewhat knee-jerk reaction when this was first released, but after listening to the digital copy several times, I really warmed up to it. There are aspects of the re-record that are really great. My enthusiasm was kind of squashed when I put this on my turntable. There is practically no low-end on this...

Agreed.  Spun it over the weekend and was a bit underwhelmed due to that.

39 minutes ago, rrd said:

i just got 3 copies from the thrice store, i didn't get any corrected sleeve. all 3 are printed with backwards text.

The corrected sleeve was in the mailer outside of the sealed record. I would contact them to see what's up. You should get at least one.

2 hours ago, MacDonals said:

I ordered my copy from an indie shop and still haven't received it. No notification from the shop either. I wonder if I'll ever get my green copy.

My indie shop still has not received theirs yet either :(  Owner isnt sure if it will ever show up and told me to get it elsewhere if I found it. 

On 4/11/2023 at 2:24 PM, mitchard said:

Got my copy from Bandcamp yesterday. Despite the blue galaxy not matching the mockup at all, it's still a nice looking variant. I'm definitely not upset with how it turned out.

spacer.png

At least yours has white. Mine is straight up solid blue. 

On another note, I did get a separate record mailer with a small stack of corrected lyric sheets. (One for each variant I ordered through the Thrice store)

Also, If anyone missed out on the black alliance exclusive variant and wants one, let me know. Apparently I ordered an extra by mistake. 

Edited by andrewlucas
Clarification

2 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

At least yours has white. Mine is straight up solid blue. 

On another note, I did get a separate record mailer with a small stack of corrected lyric sheets. If anyone missed out on the black alliance exclusive and wants one, let me know. Apparently I ordered an extra by mistake. 

sent you a DM

• 2 weeks later...

Am I crazy or has no one else received/gotten shipping notice for the cloudy clear w/ cream/green/blue splatter variant? I checked my email and looked through the thread and haven't seen mention of a ship date on this one. And of course all trace of the variant has been removed from the store so I can't look it up there.

Edited by tape

2 minutes ago, tape said:

Am I crazy or has no one else received/gotten shipping notice for the cloudy clear w/ cream/green/blue splatter variant? I checked my email and looked through the thread and haven't seen mention of a ship date on this one. And of course all trace of the variant has been removed from the store so I can't look it up there.

There are photos of it on discogs/instagram so you might want to contact them.