[PO] Slowdive – Everything Is Alive

On 9/5/2023 at 2:21 PM, lexicondevil said:

...I was surprised because I thought that I held off on ordering this. 

I guess you could say you ordered this...secretly

joke drums GIF by neomagazinroyale

edit: still waiting for shipping notification. Listened digitally a few times but holding off on too many listens for now. I think it's a solid album. 

Edited by Mars

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, ryantark said:

Thank you very much! I already have one, but I snagged one for my coworkers husband who is a Slowdive obsesso. He's gonna be so stoked.

• 5 months later...

Graveface has an exclusive variant of this album going up this week to ship next week. The cover ink is red and the vinyl is, I believe, an opaque red inside of clear red. I only have one pic of the vinyl and haven’t put my hands on the copies that came in last week. It’s limited to 500 and will be $26.99. 

21 hours ago, seanicus said:

Graveface has an exclusive variant of this album going up this week to ship next week. The cover ink is red and the vinyl is, I believe, an opaque red inside of clear red. I only have one pic of the vinyl and haven’t put my hands on the copies that came in last week. It’s limited to 500 and will be $26.99. 

What day is this going up? Will this be in the Graveface store? 

21 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

What day is this going up? Will this be in the Graveface store? 

It’ll be on Graveface.com by RSD 4/20. We’re waiting on approval to do a shirt/screen print for those who want it. It’s a great variant. I’ll post here before I put it up. 

EDIT: date changed. Their label asked us to wait until then to put it out. If you want you local shop to carry it, have them get in to contact with us and I can get them copies. 

Edited by seanicus

On 4/9/2024 at 12:11 PM, seanicus said:

It’ll be on Graveface.com by RSD 4/20. We’re waiting on approval to do a shirt/screen print for those who want it. It’s a great variant. I’ll post here before I put it up. 

EDIT: date changed. Their label asked us to wait until then to put it out. If you want you local shop to carry it, have them get in to contact with us and I can get them copies. 

dude you work for/run Graveface?  That's crazy and very cool.  I've always wondered why you never did more copies of "Solace" by Jakob.  Everyone is always clamoring for that online. 

7 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

dude you work for/run Graveface?  That's crazy and very cool.  I've always wondered why you never did more copies of "Solace" by Jakob.  Everyone is always clamoring for that online. 

I run our distribution company. The Jakob records are so good but took forever to sell. I’ll chat with Ryan about it. For awhile a decade ago, he was doing archival presses and it’s something I’d like to bring back. It was a great idea then and that hasn’t changed. 

On 4/10/2024 at 11:39 PM, seanicus said:

I run our distribution company. The Jakob records are so good but took forever to sell. I’ll chat with Ryan about it. For awhile a decade ago, he was doing archival presses and it’s something I’d like to bring back. It was a great idea then and that hasn’t changed. 

dude, what?!  That's insane to hear.  That's one of THE most screamed-about albums people want on vinyl in all the message board forums everywhere.  Have you seen what they sell for on discogs?  Fucking $200!  I have all 3 variants, cost me about $650 total.  Insane.  Although i suppose way back in 2006 when the internet was still new socially and the band wasn't as big as they are...

I bet you could move 1,00 copies of that, easily.  Maybe even 2,000.  People would lose their absolute fucking minds if Jakob vinyl was available again.  The old albums too!  The band is interested, I've been talking to Jeff a bit about it. 

21 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

dude, what?!  That's insane to hear.  That's one of THE most screamed-about albums people want on vinyl in all the message board forums everywhere. 

This has to be the overstatement of the year. I'm in tons of boards and lots of Facebook groups and have literally never heard of this band until you dropped them in this thread. I just checked them out. Sounds like pretty good post-rock, so thanks for introducing them. 

1 minute ago, ntslash said:

This has to be the overstatement of the year. I'm in tons of boards and lots of Facebook groups and have literally never heard of this band until you dropped them in this thread. I just checked them out. Sounds like pretty good post-rock, so thanks for introducing them. 

Gumbo is the resident master of hyperbole. 😜

That said, I'd be down for a Solace pressing

10 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

They are live now, I added the screen print, you can also bundle it with the excellent Beachy Head album

https://graveface.com/products/slowdive-everything-is-alive-graveface-variant-lp

Thanks! The Beachy Head album is one of my favorite releases we’ve put out in the last few years and this variant of it is the best. 

18 minutes ago, seanicus said:

Thanks! The Beachy Head album is one of my favorite releases we’ve put out in the last few years and this variant of it is the best. 

Does the Slowdive Graveface variant available in shops come with the print or is the print exclusive to the GF webshop?

Edited by glass realms