PO NOW: Alexisonfire Box Set

Rip

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Apparently they’re selling everything individually on white / black marble as well. 

Yeah, I saw that, but I interpreted it as the full-lengths would be available individually on that colorway and not necessarily the BBC one (since that appears to be the colorway included in the box).

1 hour ago, dethrock said:

It was $250 when i bought it.

That's $250 CAD, too!
I paid almost the same again, in customs fees and shipping to the UK.

Given how much is in it though, it feels like a steal now! I'm fully expecting these standalones to be $40 a piece, so the box set will likely be somewhere between $250-300.

5 hours ago, andydrums said:

That's $250 CAD, too!
I paid almost the same again, in customs fees and shipping to the UK.

Given how much is in it though, it feels like a steal now! I'm fully expecting these standalones to be $40 a piece, so the box set will likely be somewhere between $250-300.

Revolver (which is also basically BrooklynVegan) charged me $79.05 shipped for the recent reissue of Dethklok - The Dethalbum, which is a 2xLP + a zine or whatever the hell it is.  So I will be pleasantly surprised if these are priced around $40 individually but I’m definitely not getting my hopes up.

29 minutes ago, Rip said:

Revolver (which is also basically BrooklynVegan) charged me $79.05 shipped for the recent reissue of Dethklok - The Dethalbum, which is a 2xLP + a zine or whatever the hell it is.  So I will be pleasantly surprised if these are priced around $40 individually but I’m definitely not getting my hopes up.

That's just daylight robbery! How can they even start to justify that much for a 2LP?

Am i allowed to bitch about these prices or 52 for a 2xlp is still considered a decent price and I should just shut up and stop being negative?

Side note: I bought the og alchemy index book with 4x10" for 50 bucks+ shipping back then. This might answer my own question but still I might be wrong and always negative 

Edited by xfactor675

• Rip changed the title to PO NOW: Alexisonfire Box Set
4 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Am i allowed to bitch about these prices or 52 for a 2xlp is still considered a decent price and I should just shut up and stop being negative?

Side note: I bought the og alchemy index book with 4x10" for 50 bucks+ shipping back then. This might answer my own question but still I might be wrong and always negative 

Nah these prices suck and to compare it to something else today (and also to record here for anyone who looks back): Interscope (a major label which is crazy considering how most act) put up 2xLP pre-orders for Zedd's Clarity deluxe edition which is a pretty popular album with ridiculous resale costs for just $22. Shipping is a little less than $8. So you can get a new 2xLP for under $30 shipped if you don't have sales tax but these are $52 before shipping because you're forced to buy a magazine you don't want. Things don't have to suck as much as they do.

Also for what it's worth the 3 for $60 deal Revolver and their company is running today is a pretty good deal if you want some of the stuff they're selling, many of which I'd say are great albums.