Smashing Pumpkins

Adore is the next reissue of the series that turns out pretty awesome. It's a REALLY thick, glossy gatefold, the new artwork is outstanding and the records sound so so good. Unfortunately I can't compare to the OP, but I immediately found the LP to be warmer and much smoother than the CD. I learned to love this album a few months ago, instead of thinking it's really good for a couple years, and this reissue could not make me happier.

Yet I cannot seem to understand how sticking a piece of paper on the back of every reissue that says goodbye as soon as you unwrap it can by anyone be considered as a good idea.

b0102bb350aab91d5aef2bce266f3a5c_zps3328

9a626cfcd035b50da6707a75949c6739_zps396b

I ordered mine from there.  Shipped amazingly, had it on the release date and couldn't beat the price!

I have the OG press and this new one, so I plan on comparing the sound of each at some point today.  I'll do my best to report back.

I ordered mine from there.  Shipped amazingly, had it on the release date and couldn't beat the price!

I have the OG press and this new one, so I plan on comparing the sound of each at some point today.  I'll do my best to report back.

I'd appreciate that.  I'm about half way ready to order the stereo version already, but an opinion or two would be help me make the leap.

Here are my thoughts so far:

* I only played Side A of the OG Press because...well, I had shit to do today and couldn't just listen to Adore all damn day!

The OG press has 2 more songs on per side.  It runs all the way to "Tear," on Side A, but due to being in mono, they get away with it.  It starts to get a little bit of IGD toward the very very end of the track, but I've never noticed it on previous listens.

The repress is shorter on each side, but - surprisingly - they didn't cut it super hot as a result.  It is at a similar volume level as the OG, and thanks to this, it is distortion free as you reach the center label (at least on Side A & Side B).  The remaster job gives a lot more clarity to the pressing, which makes for a fun listen because there is a little more depth to the sampling and bleeps/bloops that are happening in the background.  The mono pressing feels more lo-fi by comparison.

I have no regrets on spending $27 on this bad boy.  Not to mention that the jacket is on par with the other reissues, and that means that it is insanely solid.

This reissue series IMO has been nothing short of brilliant.  Every title that gets released is fantastic. I sold my OG copies of SD, MCIS, Adore and Gish when I caught wind that these were being remastered/relesed (only kept my peach SD). And I have to say that i don't have any regrets... maybe my mono Adore. But, I am very happy with the quality of each release and how much effort has been put into these pressings. I wish more artists would take this approach when reissuing their catalog.

The EU pressing of Adore was done at GZ. People on Hoffman are complaining about the quality

Damn. I'll have to give it a more thorough listen ASAP. Thought side A sounded great though. I did notice a lot of marks on the vinyl as mentioned by people on Hoffman, but they weren't audible, on that side at least.

The EU pressing of Adore was done at GZ. People on Hoffman are complaining about the quality

That's surprising. I find my copy to be one of the best sounding records of my collection. No IGD, no surface noise at all, not even the slightest pop or crack throughout the whole album. Couldn't be happier with the pressing.

That's surprising. I find my copy to be one of the best sounding records of my collection. No IGD, no surface noise at all, not even the slightest pop or crack throughout the whole album. Couldn't be happier with the pressing.

One of the problems with GZ and United is they are so hit it miss. I have some great sounding vinyl from both plants and a few stinkers from both.