CONVERGE - All We Love We Leave Behind

I don't know, you guys, the Beatles are really good.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I just wanted to chime in and say that I could never really listen to a whole Beatles album straight through. Maybe St. Pepper but other than that, I can't just sit and listen an entire one. I just pick and choose the tracks I like and I haven't had much of a hankering to listen to anything by them in a long time.

I was going to say this in the Smashing Pumpkins thread in regard to another mention of them but I'll take the opportunity to say it in this one:

Fuck the Beatles.

I dunno about this Smashing Pumpkins thread, but one plant told me, "We had to turn down this big Smashing Pumpkins job, so it's not just the indies that are dealing with this..."

ha. Juan, i knew you'd read this when i saw your twitter.

It's a really lazy review, to the point where it's easy to think he didn't read it. Incidentally he also writes for a super indie, hipster website so it's to be expected. They do stuff like this to get page impressions, though, so, again, it's almost to be expected.

I actually work for their "competitors" except we outsell them 2:1 these days and i wrote the review for our magazine which came out last week, forgive me for posting this, but i'm pretty happy with it:

Edit: just to add, i'm actually the deputy art editor and i write 2/3 things a year so don't pull me up if you can help it!

3161_10151204024505929_1738967992_n.jpg

I got two seperate emails from KRM for download of the album. Presumably because I placed two orders, one for KRM's yellow vinyl and one from Deathwish for their variants. Kind of surprised that others haven't gotten an email at all.

They also just sent out an email earlier today with a download of the PDF artwork for the album.

^^ That's a great review Alex! Short and to the point. I dig it!

My review for The 1st Five went the long route. It just did. http://www.the1stfive.com/news/review-converge-all-we-love-we-leave-behind

And even though I'm no Shakespeare, damn, that NME "review" was just poorly done and plain bad. It makes it clear that the writer has little to no clue who Converge is.