I'm still on the fence. It's growing on me.

I know Thomas said he didn't like the heavy samples, but they don't really stick out that much to me and fit quite well where they do shine. Maybe the only thing I think is off putting is that the cymbals seem to be too crisp or mixed a little too loud and that makes it a bit blustery or blurry in places when they get super into the jam....

Awesome Jason! As the website still says processing, and I was going to email them, but in bold lettering it says "If it hasn't been over 4 weeks, do not message us asking when it will be shipped!". Its only been 3, so I didn't email them this morning, but I cant wait for you to get it!

Awesome Jason! As the website still says processing, and I was going to email them, but in bold lettering it says "If it hasn't been over 4 weeks, do not message us asking when it will be shipped!". Its only been 3, so I didn't email them this morning, but I cant wait for you to get it!

I'm all excited and shit! Surprise record day :D

Dude on here took longer than he meant to to send me a record I bought so he threw in a free one. Surprised and stoked

I have had this happen. Some people are just really cool.

I have to fight the urge to be a dick on this board some times. The thread about dealing with dust, my first instinct was to post that licking both my records and needle combats large amounts of dust.

I took almost a month to get out a package someone paid over $100 for. I threw in a bunch of extra shit because I felt bad.

But I always like to throw in something extra. Even if all I can find is a sticker or something

Same usually, but i ran out of stuff to toss in awhile ago :/.

Weird. Or maybe not really.

Just got a call from a 201 # out of Teaneck, NJ and the dude on the other end claiming he was from Microsoft informing me that they've been getting an error report from a computer still registered to me. Argued with him about my not owning a computer "registered" with Microsoft nor my current PC running badly or anything to that effected. He then kept pushing that I should get on the computer now and allow remote access. Argument kept on going and asked to stop calling and email me if it's so urgent. Of course when I asked him to give me "my info" as he has it if at all, he shut down and then said to check my Technical Data Folder on my PC, then hung up on me.

Of course the guy perpetuated the stereotype of technical support/call center person with a particular accent.

I called back the number and of course now the line is busy.

Just got a call from a 201 # out of Teaneck, NJ and the dude on the other end claiming he was from Microsoft informing me that they've been getting an error report from a computer still registered to me. Argued with him about my not owning a computer "registered" with Microsoft nor my current PC running badly or anything to that effected. He then kept pushing that I should get on the computer now and allow remote access. Argument kept on going and asked to stop calling and email me if it's so urgent. Of course when I asked him to give me "my info" as he has it if at all, he shut down and then said to check my Technical Data Folder on my PC, then hung up on me.

Of course the guy perpetuated the stereotype of technical support/call center person with a particular accent.

Whenever I get a call like this I string them along as long as possible until they snap.

I have had this happen. Some people are just really cool.

I have to fight the urge to be a dick on this board some times. The thread about dealing with dust, my first instinct was to post that licking both my records and needle combats large amounts of dust.

In that dude's defense, I will say that since I got my new turntable, I've noticed a massive upswing in the amount of dust I seem to be noticing. It's probably because now that I have better equipment, I'm just more aware of it (because now I'm in the mindset of "take my shit seriously" whereas when I had the old Sony, I just listened to records passively) or maybe in part because of that wretched felt mat I have to deal with until my cork mat comes in. It's probably more a case of being more aware of something that was already there, but I've definitely had a moment where I was like "what the hell, I don't recall it being this bad before"

That's a phishing scam, they are trying to get remote access to your computer to steal information. Just ignore it.

I like to string them along for a little bit and then suddenly say "No habla ingles" and then only respond with "Que?" after that.

I had one where I pretended to follow all the steps exactly. After about 20 minutes he asked me what I saw on the screen. I told him all I saw was just a bunch of kitten pictures and maybe his technical support wasnt working because I was using a Mac. He blew up and started screaming at me.

I had one where I pretended to follow all the steps exactly. After about 20 minutes he asked me what I saw on the screen. I told him all I saw was just a bunch of kitten pictures and maybe his technical support wasnt working because I was using a Mac. He blew up and started screaming at me.

Haha, that's awesome. I have never had someone call, but my parents did, and I told them to just say "you're trying to scam me" over and over. They got mad and hung up.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic