The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Dude, did you seriously come into the thread and not read the last 3 pages? This question has been posed and answered multiple times.

Most importantly, who cares.

If you want it / are willing to pay for it - go for it.

Think it's too much? don't.

They made it and can charge whatever they want for it. This is ~art~ and it's worth what people are willing to pay - which I bet in a few months will be a whole lot more than $60.

A burlap sack with a record is not art. is a fucking record in a bag. If this constitutes as art, then call me an idiot because I don't see it. Mondo is doing this because they can and know suckers like you will buy it. End of story. If anyone pays $60-70 for a NEW 2xLP in a bag, you're an idiot and only fuel the problem and have Mondo laughing all the way to the bank.

/rant.

A burlap sack with a record is not art. is a fucking record in a bag. 

And the prints are ink on paper, that you'll put in an overpriced frame.

It's all subjective.

Would a cheaper variant have been a huge plus? sure. But when you're releasing the product - that's your decision.

And the prints are ink on paper, that you'll put in an overpriced frame.

It's all subjective.

Would a cheaper variant have been a huge plus? sure. But when you're releasing the product - that's your decision.

It's not subjective at all! It's them knowing they fuck anyone! A print can hang in a gallery/museum for hundreds of years!, but a record? No. My opinion no matter how liked or unlike still stands. This isn't art. And if it is art, would you be willing to pay $60 for every new record you buy from ANY label? Let's face it, all music is "art" along with the packaging as well.

So if it's subjective as you saying is that still justified? Or is it okay if only Mondo does it because ...MONDO.

The answer is no.

Do people really think mondo are charging what they are for looper just to fuck people over?! You've got to be fucking kidding me! Since when have they ever overcharged for records just to laugh at people buying the records.

Sure the material may not be all that expensive, but didnt they say they had people go in and HAND MAKE every single one?! That shit must not be cheap to produce.

Sure a simple 2xlp version would've been nice at like $25-30 but they decided to say fuck that and and make a badass version they were fucking proud of. And I'm sure they priced it accordingly.

Trust me, I sure as hell don't drink the Mondo juice, but by god, quit your fucking bitching about the god damn price. I know they're not doing it to fuck anyone over.

Do people really think mondo are charging what they are for looper just to fuck people over?! You've got to be fucking kidding me! Since when have they ever overcharged for records just to laugh at people buying the records.

Sure the material may not be all that expensive, but didnt they say they had people go in and HAND MAKE every single one?! That shit must not be cheap to produce.

Sure a simple 2xlp version would've been nice at like $25-30 but they decided to say fuck that and and make a badass version they were fucking proud of. And I'm sure they priced it accordingly.

Trust me, I sure as hell don't drink the Mondo juice, but by god, quit your fucking bitching about the god damn price. I know they're not doing it to fuck anyone over.

Tell me the difference of this and a quality hand silkscreened jacket w/ LP that I just got for $13ppd from the label when the screen job was from a 3rd party.

Are you fucking kidding me? HAND MADE!

To each there own right? If you want it, then buy it. If you don't, then simply don't. If you care so much to repeatedly bash on the price and get upset within yourself you must reeeeaaaalllyy want it, in which case you should probably just buy it haha I personally hope to be able to pick one of these up on Thursday if there are any left. 

Dude, did you seriously come into the thread and not read the last 3 pages? This question has been posed and answered multiple times.

What was the answer then smart guy? Why $60?

Most importantly, who cares.

If you want it / are willing to pay for it - go for it.

Think it's too much? don't.

They made it and can charge whatever they want for it. This is ~art~ and it's worth what people are willing to pay - which I bet in a few months will be a whole lot more than $60.

can't wait for the vinyl bubble to burst.

What was the answer then smart guy? Why $60?

Let's say a regular Mondo LP will go for about $30. So we are trying to account for an extra $30+ on the price.

First, you have to factor in the price of the burlap.

Then, you have to factor in how the burlap sacks were special-ordered with the holes in them.

Next, you have to factor in the screen print at the factory.

Then, each bag was hand-finished by people at Mondo. We don't know how many copies there are, but from the video it's more than just a hundred or so. These are real people being paid for their time. I'd hope that Mondo pays these people at least a decent wage.

Factor in all of that, plus all of the planning and extra time this record had alongside side of it and the price can get up there quite quickly. 

I wish Looper wasn't $60, but it's a special hand-made and cool project. I still think it's too expensive for me, so I won't be getting it. There's no point in complaining about it.

Can't wait for people to stop saying "Can't Wait for the vinyl bubble to burst".

Because if there is one thing I hate is releases I like being available on vinyl....yeah I wish that would just go away.

right cause people were just clamoring loudly for a $70 version of the Looper soundtrack wrapped in burlap. gimme a break. 

You don't have to buy everything ever that is released on vinyl.  Thanks to vinyl's resurgence more things are being made...some you may be excited for some you may not.  If you are not there is no reason to hope the whole industry dies just so the one thing you don't like goes away.....

.....be happy there is this "Vinyl bubble" and many great things are getting released!

Of course if you just don't like vinyl releases....maybe this just isn't the site for you.

The vinyl bubble is absolutely wonderful...it's what will keep this art rolling on. Some companies are definitely abusing the bubble with their greedy prices (but if they don't charge more, an eBay user will capitalize)

If you don't like a price, simply don't support the company by making a purchase. If you don't like the price and still want the record, bite the bullet and keep complaining on Internet forums to soothe your soul.