Jump to content
BuzzersonKillwell

The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Vega said:

Am I the only one still waiting for a complete freakin blu ray set of the 3 seasons and the film?

Because different studios own the different properties I'd imagine it'll be a long time, if ever, they're combined. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Vega said:

Am I the only one still waiting for a complete freakin blu ray set of the 3 seasons and the film?

 

There’s a set of the 3 seasons coming out.  No film included though.  

 

https://moviehole.net/a-new-twin-peaks-box-set-is-coming-heres-why-youll-want-it/

 

It’s totally worth it to grab the Criterion edition of FWWM though.  It’s a beautiful set with amazing extras.

Edited by Rip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rip said:

 

There’s a set of the 3 seasons coming out.  No film included though.  

 

https://moviehole.net/a-new-twin-peaks-box-set-is-coming-heres-why-youll-want-it/

 

It’s totally worth it to grab the Criterion edition of FWWM though.  It’s a beautiful set with amazing extras.

Yooo I really didn't see this coming! Its great that there's a box set with all seasons coming, but the missing film is a bummer...will prob get this anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get you guys all wanting everything in one whole big set but you're really missing out if you haven't gotten the recent box-sets of season 1 & 2, and then the Return set.  Packaging is so cool on everything.  I have a feeling when/if this "complete collection" set comes out, it'll just be a big, bulky plastic box with the discs just in standard flippy holder things.

 

Then again this is my favorite show of all-time so I probably care about some stuff that you guys don't lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rip said:

I get you guys all wanting everything in one whole big set but you're really missing out if you haven't gotten the recent box-sets of season 1 & 2, and then the Return set.  Packaging is so cool on everything.  I have a feeling when/if this "complete collection" set comes out, it'll just be a big, bulky plastic box with the discs just in standard flippy holder things.

 

Then again this is my favorite show of all-time so I probably care about some stuff that you guys don't lol.

you're not wrong, if that does end up being the case then I'll just get season 3 alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, the Bladerunner 2049 web store exclusive 2xLP (pink/teal) sounds pretty lousy. Surface noise and distortion throughout, and my copy has side A pressed off-center and side C is bowled. Hoping Mondo can resolve this, though I may just inquire about a refund. All the reviews on Discogs are pretty poor as well. Beautiful score and artwork, but I guess I'll have to stick to digital files. 

 

Can others comment on the sound quality on their LPs? And I cleaned the records. No improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the word “officially” really jumbles up the tail-end of that sentence and makes it awkward.  But I guess I can see why they’d want to separate themselves from those Moonshake copies.

 

Regarding the variant, I don’t think I see what’s so underwhelming about it.  Matches the cover art and pays homage to the translucent green active camo that you get for saving Otacon.  I prefer it to that Ninja variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 3:49 PM, zdkaiser said:

FYI, the Bladerunner 2049 web store exclusive 2xLP (pink/teal) sounds pretty lousy. Surface noise and distortion throughout, and my copy has side A pressed off-center and side C is bowled. Hoping Mondo can resolve this, though I may just inquire about a refund. All the reviews on Discogs are pretty poor as well. Beautiful score and artwork, but I guess I'll have to stick to digital files. 

 

Can others comment on the sound quality on their LPs? And I cleaned the records. No improvement.

Yeah, I have the web store version and the black limited edition of 2049 copies that came out last year and the original/black version blows the Mondo release out of the water. I don't think mine is off-center, it's just very very noisy even after a thorough cleaning. The artwork is gorgeous, but I'm glad I have the other pressing which sounds so good the difference is pretty shocking.

 

Mondo is always hit or miss (just got Roger Rabbit on the pink variant and it sounds pretty good) but this one's a miss for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 8:02 PM, Rip said:

I get you guys all wanting everything in one whole big set but you're really missing out if you haven't gotten the recent box-sets of season 1 & 2, and then the Return set.  Packaging is so cool on everything.  I have a feeling when/if this "complete collection" set comes out, it'll just be a big, bulky plastic box with the discs just in standard flippy holder things.

 

Then again this is my favorite show of all-time so I probably care about some stuff that you guys don't lol.

Here it is, a complete Twin Peaks set.

 

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-from-z-to-a-collection/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chunkrock said:

Holy shit yes, I need that Z to A set. I was planning a TP rewatch next month but it looks like I'm waiting til December.

Wonder what the cost will be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, chunkrock said:

 

Mother of god.  That sounds amazing.  If I didn’t already have all the most recent blu-ray boxes/releases with all the special features and all that good stuff, I’d be all over this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rip said:

 

Mother of god.  That sounds amazing.  If I didn’t already have all the most recent blu-ray boxes/releases with all the special features and all that good stuff, I’d be all over this.

I'm a sucker, I'm going to buy it anyway just for those extra special features and the 4k UHD Disc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×