Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

I like how everyone went apeshit because of price.

Gonna buy it anyway. Maybe it will look stunning...like JEW - Bleed American release(overpriced, but still cool).

$30 for records and $15 for note from Hoppus not that much(hmm I need to rethink that), admitting, that we were waiting this release for 2(?) years.

By the way: do somebody remember price of MTS 180g version?

I like how everyone went apeshit because of price.

Gonna buy it anyway. Maybe it will look stunning...like JEW - Bleed American release(overpriced, but still cool).

$30 for records and $15 for note from Hoppus not that much(hmm I need to rethink that), admitting, that we were waiting this release for 2(?) years.

By the way: do somebody remember price of MTS 180g version?

I vaguely remember the 180g with the 7"s being $40. I guess that's why everyone is in a fit. Even with the discount, you're still paying more. I don't think anyone would be mad if it was $40. A little pricey, but that record would sell out in less than an hour.

I haven't been refunded, If I had, this wouldn't be too big a deal. I see it as a massive problem that hundreds of people have already paid for this and as part of SRC picking the release up from MTS there has been no contingency to fulfil the original orders that were not refunded / cancelled.

To get this, I'd have to fork out probably 125$ ppd, based on the 56$ I already spend along with the increase in USPS rates and the fact SRC are charging more second time round. 

A 5$ saving is a piss take really... there is no justification.

I can't believe this is coming out still... I mean, not that I want it, just, you know... yeah...

SRC should do a special Shaq edition of this and have a forward from Shaq instead of Mark Hoppus.   The cover should just be a picture of Shaq, and the title of the record should be changed to "Take off your pants and Shaq-It"

Lots of questions here (rightfully)! We are going to do a twitter Q&A Monday surrounding this so feel free to jump in and send me (Jenna) some questions. I will gladly address the pricing and why it is different at that time.

http://www.shopradiocast.com/TOYPAJ

From what I recall RJ actually sold this for various prices. First for $35, then for $40 and at one point even $60.

As well to clarify RJ of course has no involvement with this. Same as the Quicksand the license was transferred directly to us from Universal.

I vaguely remember the 180g with the 7"s being $40. I guess that's why everyone is in a fit. Even with the discount, you're still paying more. I don't think anyone would be mad if it was $40. A little pricey, but that record would sell out in less than an hour.

It was originally $40 but then after a couple days RJ spiked it to $50 like a chump. Can we just flood this thread w/ RJ memes and Shaq now?

SRC are good people,  I at least feel good about the money going to an independent business owner that cares about his product, is transparent, and is proactive in communication.  I'll pick one up (if it does not sell out instantly)

Yea I mean I doubt its cheap to produce, get licencing, and also make a profit. They understand the whole RJ mess just as well as everyone as they had to issue refunds to a bunch of people because of his actions. The fact they are being open about it, trying to actually have it come out, and are willing to answer questions about the release is a good thing. This vinyl release has caused been an issue for some time and SRC despite taking on risk want to get the product out. Its pricey and it will not be picked up by everyone but if their was one company I would wanna support in this case it would be them. They handed refunds and that refund came with a 10% off at the time. They are giving another 10% off just for this. They will be open about all issues people may have especially concerning price. SRC and MTS are not the same business and SRC wanna get it out. I don't blame them for wanting to make some money on top of it after all thats happened and while being open about costs. Any business that does not capitalize on things like this (high in demand products) is just setting themselves up to lose money. I bet this whole project has been expensive and a giant headache for them too. They had to work with RJ and instead of getting screwed over once or twice they had to a take a reputation hit and refund a bunch of sales. By all means don't buy it if it seems to pricey for you but its hard to blame SRC on this one.

I am not into the price. Most of the hard feelings relate back to SRC partnering with RJ to take orders on this after RJ offered everyone 50% off coupons for his MTS Webstore. It was an overt action on RJ's part after acting like a complete scumbag to avert the promises he made to his customers. SRC enabled it by taking on the PO. They are not guilty in his crime. They promptly refunded anyone that PO'd with them. They did however allow this asshole to flip one last middle finger at his customers and for that a little bit of the shit that poured out of his mouth rubbed off on SRC. They know they have to live with that error and I think SRC is overall a solid group of people that care about the music they put out. I don't have to love their prices to say that if I send them an order (which I have only done twice since they took on that MTS PO) they will deliver it and pack it well. If there is an error they have always made it right.  

I think some of the newer members lack perspective on the history and why some of the anger gets directed at SRC. I see the 10% off as an apology for connecting with RJ in the first place. They owe no one anything so it is nice of them. I won't be ordering this due to the price but anyone who does can be certain they will get their item and be happy with it. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/blink-182-TAKE-OFF-YOUR-PANTS-AND-JACKET-Vinyl-Records-RARE-Limited-edition-/151003634538?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2328849b6a

hey this guy already has more than 10 available. Fortunately for him, he has the opportunity of the ADVANCED pre-order! haha

I am not into the price. Most of the hard feelings relate back to SRC partnering with RJ to take orders on this after RJ offered everyone 50% off coupons for his MTS Webstore. It was an overt action on RJ's part after acting like a complete scumbag to avert the promises he made to his customers. SRC enabled it by taking on the PO. They are not guilty in his crime. They promptly refunded anyone that PO'd with them. They did however allow this asshole to flip one last middle finger at his customers and for that a little bit of the shit that poured out of his mouth rubbed off on SRC. They know they have to live with that error and I think SRC is overall a solid group of people that care about the music they put out. I don't have to love their prices to say that if I send them an order (which I have only done twice since they took on that MTS PO) they will deliver it and pack it well. If there is an error they have always made it right.  

I think some of the newer members lack perspective on the history and why some of the anger gets directed at SRC. I see the 10% off as an apology for connecting with RJ in the first place. They owe no one anything so it is nice of them. I won't be ordering this due to the price but anyone who does can be certain they will get their item and be happy with it. 

This is such a logical and well-worded response to all of this madness going on in this thread and the overall situation. Lack of perspective is what is driving the majority of negative comments and shit-talking.