Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

What would y'all do when the postman themself loses a package you had picked up? Back in August I sold something on eBay and scheduled a pickup for it. The mailguy picked it up and it never got scanned, and the buyer never got it. Had to refund them of course. 3 calls to the post office and each time they were like "he says he picked it up, it probably got misplaced or was just never scanned, it should be delivered." October is here and it's still in complete pickup limbo.

I don't even think I can file a claim because it never technically entered the postal service.

Yeah never trust the scheduled pick up. Unless you're going to be by the door. I would personally go to the post office and speak directly with the manager. Tell them to provide you proof that it was scanned in, as that is the complete protocol especially since you have it verbatim that it was "picked up by the guy" according to your postal office when you asked originally. Then if they fail to comply, you ask for the higher ups in charge and you take it all the way to the top. It can be a process but it'll be worth it. Fuck that give them grief show up as often as you like to complain about it. They will either A. Solve the problem monetarily, or by finding or B. Lose their job over duties unfulfilled. What I personally would say is to tell the manager you think they are scamming you when you ask to speak to the next higher up in charge. 

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?  I'm so frustrated I could scream.  This is an international shipment that was shipped via DHL.  It's a really, really expensive order of some super rare metal records.  I live in VA, I thought when it finally made it to the sort facility in MD I was going to get it this past weekend....boy was I fucking wrong.

6kmglIj.png

• 3 weeks later...

Had been tracking and was expecting a 7" Test Press to be delivered today (verified via online tracking). Was home all day, heard the USPS van coming down the street, got up and stood at the door and waited. Watched the van pull up to the box and then pull away. I went to get the mail and there was 2 Christmas cards inside, no 7". Now the website shows that they tried to deliver but there was no secure location and that I have to pick it up or arrange for re-delivery. Also says that all the info regarding that is on the tag they left when they attempted delivery. There was no tag left. Basically the asshole just didn't feel like getting out of the vehicle and walking to the door so now I have to do his job for him...

I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread before, but a few weeks back I had to pay my mailcarrier $3 to receive a package from her.

I moved a few months back and set up mail forwarding so I didn't have to worry about missing out on any random preorders I may have forgotten about.  In time, records started showing up with those little yellow forwarding stickers, as evidence that my plan worked.

But then one day my mailcarrier knocks on the door with a 7" record box in hand saying that I'd have to pay her $3 to get it because mail forwarding doesn't work for media mail (though it'd been getting delivered - by her - for the last few months).  Luckily I had a few bucks in my wallet, so I gave her the $3 so I could get the ORMOLYCKA package she held in her hands (that I had ordered back in January or something...)

I've since had other records show up with that little yellow sticker, so I don't know what was up with that.  Maybe she just wanted a tip?

I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread before, but a few weeks back I had to pay my mailcarrier $3 to receive a package from her.

I moved a few months back and set up mail forwarding so I didn't have to worry about missing out on any random preorders I may have forgotten about.  In time, records started showing up with those little yellow forwarding stickers, as evidence that my plan worked.

But then one day my mailcarrier knocks on the door with a 7" record box in hand saying that I'd have to pay her $3 to get it because mail forwarding doesn't work for media mail (though it'd been getting delivered - by her - for the last few months).  Luckily I had a few bucks in my wallet, so I gave her the $3 so I could get the ORMOLYCKA package she held in her hands (that I had ordered back in January or something...)

I've since had other records show up with that little yellow sticker, so I don't know what was up with that.  Maybe she just wanted a tip?

I only would have given her the $3 on the condition that she give me an official receipt from USPS. 

I've had this happen a few times with media mail. 

Next time, when she asks for $5 to deliver your new package, also give it to her without asking any questions or requiring a receipt.

I'll just give her $10 so she knows I aint fuckin' 'round.

I only would have given her the $3 on the condition that she give me an official receipt from USPS. 

That'd have been smart, but I was tired and stoned (and a little bit shocked) at the time.  Next time, if there is one.

I've had this happen a few times with media mail. 

I just hope it doesn't happen any more.  I rarely have cash on me, and I don't wanna lose out on a record...

If media mail is forwarded or returned to sender, the final recipient had to pay the cost of shipping again.

For instance, if a customer buys a record from me and I spend $4 to mail it to them, but they gave me the wrong address & it gets bounced back to me, I have to pay ANOTHER $4 to get it.

Same with "parcel post" but no other shipping methods.

The shipping situation really sucks right now due the holidays. Ordered an Xmas gift 2 weeks ago with 3 day shipping. Still hasn't arrived & the tracking page says it was "delayed." It hasn't left California since it was shipped.

If your in LA I've been told by someone at a post office that the local post offices are all having serious issues with packages. I've had three delayed that I've had to open cases on to get them delivered. I've never had to do that before.

Well, finally got a resolution on a record I shipped to Puerto Rico in September that never made it. Found out it was on a container ship that sank so now it's at the bottom of the ocean.

Luckily the buyer has been super cool and patient. I'm out the dollars but at least it's an interesting story.