PO: Touché Amore - 7" Box Set 2012-2013

Two people on Discogs are selling theirs for $110 and £150. There's no way to tell where the US guy from as far as I can tell (his profile just says SoCal), but the other guy is from Hastings.

Edit: Sorry, mitchard pointed out that is the 2010 boxset. My apologies. I saw the pizza box image and didn't think to look carefully at the year.

It's their release, and they wanted FANS to get the damn thing. If they want to take steps to make that guys life a living hell for fucking over one of their fans, they can spend their time doing just that.

What? Did you want to flip yours?

With all due respect to your opinion, I love Touche and think they have huge heart, also I have never "flipped" a record, but I too think his post is a bit ridiculous. They aren't making his life a living hell, they are briefly creating a nuisance in a system they created. The guys in TA, or at least Jeremy from what I can tell, seems to be a record nerd, which is awesome. They also seem to be pretty into variant collecting and numbering, which I gather from the amount of variants their records have. If you truly wanted to rail against people re-selling your records, press one edition and use the money you save on variants to over press, or at least try to accurately meet demand. I don't really care either way, people will pay for it, I've overpaid for records, it isn't really worth stressing about as re-selling and ripping people off exists anywhere there are things with value. Record collectors just have a sense of entitlement and get all fussy when they seem somebody flipping what could've been "their" record, and while I don't think anybody is saying TA shouldn't bother the guy(because again, really, who cares, I think its funny), they are rebelling against something that they are implicit in creating, beyond just being the creators of whatever is being sold. And of course, they post it on the internet. Can you even give negative buyer feedback on ebay anymore?

They wanted their FANS to have the records! Well, they have more than 200 fans, and likely if they press 5,000 fucking somebody will still try and flip it, but 200? You can't have it both ways, and I accept that, and enjoy a limited variant when I come into possession of one. I don't intend on flipping my box set, and I think it is funny that they are taking their time to make it a hassle for the guy selling this box set, but really, anyone with a bit of logic should be able to see the irony. I'm not sure though, maybe you are just a bigger TA fan than me.  But really its pretty simple: Don't like the price? Don't buy it. If nobody buys it, prices wil deflate, otherwise deal with it, everyone else does. I'm not talking to you specifically, but every time a hot band releases something limited we all go through this, I just wanted to point out why I think most people can't help but scoff at his harassing that Ebay buyer, I mean, if some Touche Amore fan wants to pay $100+ for this shit, isn't that his money? Its not that much money, if you have a job and really want it, you can probably float it. Surely he can make a responsible decision and gauge if he is willing to splurge that money, its not like he is being forced to pay the money. I took way too much time to even write this response, it could've been summed up much shorter, but really I've seen this conversation a million times and the whole reasoning of people's position is based on the misguided and naive belief that the record business is held to some greater ethical DIY standard where people sell things for a 5% markup. It is amazing that there can be communities like this one where people genuinely want to work out a good deal for both parties, but not everywhere is like that, I just try to appreciate that and stop exerting such negative energy or accusing people of flipping. I just think, 'well shit at least i'm not buying it.' and even that is hypocritical, because i've spent WAY too much on a few records, and I don't blame whoever sold me them, that is what it took to let it go. I mean really only the labels can be held accountable, I wouldn't put faith in the common man. Maybe TA should've run a rigorous background check process and co-ordinated each box set number to the personal information of the buyer, required a response email, signed consent that the box set would not be re-sold above face value, and then blacklisted those that attempted to re-sell from all Deathwish/Topshelf related merchandise, shows, etc. and subject them to public shaming via twitter. Because that's what's really important, right? Nahhh, that sounds like too much work, lets just bitch about it on instagram.