Into It. Over It. - Intersections - 9/24

Alright, so I have to say this album is blowing my mind...

"The Shaking of Leaves" and "No Amount of Sound" are both such brilliant songs. I love the subtlety in the instrumentation on both of those songs and the lyrics are so unbelievably deep on "No Amount of Sound." I am assuming by the lyrics that he is talking about someone he loved (it says mother but I don't want to assume that much) getting Alzheimer's and passing away. The line "No amount of sound could make us fade the way you're fading now" just gives me chills. It is also a bit eerie/brilliant that he ends the song the same way it starts with the exact same lines. I don't know if it was intentional but it really furthers the idea and almost embodies the disease...

Evan definitely hasn't lost his alliteration skills either..."A Comparison by Correlation (A Curt and Cunning Ruse)" - Your Antique Organ

Also, the gloss lyrics in the booklet are making for a rather interesting listening/lyrical experience...I'm sitting on the floor with a flashlight trying to read this thing...love it...

The new songs blend in really well in the live set. I don't know that I like it as much as Proper, but I'm also not sure that that's a fair comparison to make.

You nailed it man, this album is so different from Proper...I loved proper, but I feel this album is deeper emotionally. 

I don't know...the melon collie vibe of this album is really fitting my mood right now...maybe that's why I love it so much...

You nailed it man, this album is so different from Proper...I loved proper, but I feel this album is deeper emotionally. 

I don't know...the melon collie vibe of this album is really fitting my mood right now...maybe that's why I love it so much...

This album coming out now is very fitting for the fall. Proper has its place, and so does this. I will say that over the course of life I think that I will likely listen to Proper more, but I totally back this record being awesome.