Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

I can't believe this is still being discussed. Do people really care that much about what gets said on the Internet? You could call me every bad name in the book and say you raped my mom and I wouldn't care... because its the Internet.

You're a butt head. Sup, roasted bro.

She's being ridiculed because;

- She's new.

- She's exceptionally gullible.

- Her username is dedicated to La Dispute.

- ...Of whom she tried to dedicate a thread to, and ended up deleting when fellow members voiced an opposing opinion.

- The majority of her posts read like something written by a girl in junior high.

- She tries to BFF anyone who sticks up for her.

- She tries to BFF anyone who doesn't necessary disagree with her.

- She tries to BFF anyone who isn't completely negative towards her.

Honestly, that's all flame bait.

She didnt try to BFF me!!!

Flame away.

tumblr_mab7gaBfCt1r6siy0o1_500.gif

Thank you guys.  I'd like to think I'm not alone on this one.  And just to reiterate, I have no animosity towards lahispute.  I think she has as much of a right to join and participate in VC as anyone else.  But at the same time, the rest of the board and myself also have the right to ridicule her as we see fit.  Especially if she's practically asking for it.

I'd also like to say that it's very possible to be a new female member without receiving harassment.  Look at futurekills, for example.  She can articulate her posts, stay on topic, contribute to threads, and keep her head above drama.  I actually had no idea she was a girl for the first month or two she was here.

I really don't think anyone is trying to take away the 'right' to ridicule someone.  It's just not cool to make that ridicule gender based.  She's friendly as fuck and trying to fit in, so what?

I just love that she actually went and changed her sig from "USC" to "SC" after somebody made fun of her for putting her college in her sig. 

I literally can't win. Y'all enjoy your little fandom and spending time making fun of other people. I'm sorry that the way I looked influenced SO MUCH the way I was treated on this site. It's pretty ridiculous. I have good taste in music, and I love to collect buy/trade records so I thought this might be a good place to meet people, but clearly you all have more fun being mean spirted and sitting around at your day jobs finding things to pick at. Thank you to anyone who tried to stand up for me per-say. Whatever.

I really don't think anyone is trying to take away the 'right' to ridicule someone.  It's just not cool to make that ridicule gender based.  She's friendly as fuck and trying to fit in, so what?

You're entitled to your own interpretation, but from patthickey's post (and a few others') I gathered that lahispute should be granted immunity from the board's ridicule.  Because she's a girl.  And only male assholes make fun of girls on the internet.  (There was also something about castration.  I don't really know.)

As far as ridicule being gender based, that's exactly what I've been trying to convey.  It really shouldn't be the case.  You can be a tool regardless of whether or not you ovulate.  Try-hard newbies come in all flavors and genders.

Wow. You guys are fucking ridiculous. Chill out.

Seriously. Those were bubblegum comments and didn't even offend HER.

You Won't Know is a really amazing song.

and yes, I'm offended by a majority of the things said here but I was trying to pass them off as hazing and what not because I'm new to the site, but I have better things to do than try to fit in on a stupid website.

If anyone wants to actually talk about music and what not you can PM or my tumblr and such are in my signature.

I literally can't win. Y'all enjoy your little fandom and spending time making fun of other people. I'm sorry that the way I looked influenced SO MUCH the way I was treated on this site. It's pretty ridiculous. I have good taste in music, and I love to collect buy/trade records so I thought this might be a good place to meet people, but clearly you all have more fun being mean spirted and sitting around at your day jobs finding things to pick at. Thank you to anyone who tried to stand up for me per-say. Whatever.

Homegirl, people are going to give you shit on the internet all your life because they can hid behind screens, here's my advice.

1) Show it doesn't effect you if you keep giving them a rise they'll keep talking just let them throw shade

2) Block them if it truly bothers you

How do I know this, I'm TeenageEric, and I've been getting shit since I first joined, and for you it's not going to stop, if you come across as a target you'll get attacked.