Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

Went to work at 11 and there were 26 pages, got off just now and there are 36. I totally expected there to be a US pre order up but nope, just VC peeps being VC peeps. A small part of me wants to go back and read all 10 pages, but just reading 3 back makes me want to stomp on a pregnant baby...

Not to beat a dead horse, but I feel like we all need to get on the same page, before this thing escalates into even further confusion.

Allow me to say this: lahispute's gender is irrelevant as far as the roasting or flaming goes.  She isn't receiving flack because she's a girl, or because "we're all sexist pigs".  She's being ridiculed because;

- She's new.

- She's exceptionally gullible.

- Her username is dedicated to La Dispute.

- ...Of whom she tried to dedicate a thread to, and ended up deleting when fellow members voiced an opposing opinion.

- The majority of her posts read like something written by a girl in junior high.

- She tries to BFF anyone who sticks up for her.

- She tries to BFF anyone who doesn't necessary disagree with her.

- She tries to BFF anyone who isn't completely negative towards her.

Honestly, that's all flame bait.  The fact she has a rack does not make her impervious to it.  Sorry, guys.  While I agree that there's no reason to get nasty or sexist, I would also say that it's arguably sexist to "let her off the hook" by shiting on anyone who calls her out.  Like many people have said, that's part of VC membership.  A rite of passage, if you will.  Would we all have eased up off of Teenage Eric if he were a girl?  Let's be real.

And that patthickey kid is a joke.  I've read maybe one or two comments in this entire thread that could be perceived as sexist.  No one is playing the "get off of VC and back into the kitchen to make me a sandwich" card, nor are there dudes posting sexual jabs or being foul.  Way to blow things out of proportion, hickey.  And as far as updating status / blogs / tweets / whatever: I envy your life if an internet scuffle is that traumatic for you.  You're in for a rude awakening if you ever step out into the real world and witness legitimate sexual harassment or domestic abuse.  And calling out the dozens of members who choose to not fan this flame?  Guys like myself who've read this thread without feeling the need to dive into the shit-storm, up until now?  Piss off, man.  You're a tool for trying to shame anyone who's above all the shit in this thread.  Someone had to say it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I feel like we all need to get on the same page, before this thing escalates into even further confusion.

Allow me to say this: lahispute's gender is irrelevant as far as the roasting or flaming goes.  She isn't receiving flack because she's a girl, or because "we're all sexist pigs".  She's being ridiculed because;

- She's new.

- She's exceptionally gullible.

- Her username is dedicated to La Dispute.

- ...Of whom she tried to dedicate a thread to, and ended up deleting when fellow members voiced an opposing opinion.

- The majority of her posts read like something written by a girl in junior high.

- She tries to BFF anyone who sticks up for her.

- She tries to BFF anyone who doesn't necessary disagree with her.

- She tries to BFF anyone who isn't completely negative towards her.

Honestly, that's all flame bait.  The fact she has a rack does not make her impervious to it.  Sorry, guys.  While I agree that there's no reason to get nasty or sexist, I would also argue that it's arguably sexist to "let her off the hook" by shiting on anyone who calls her out.  Like many people have said, that's part of VC membership.  A rite of passage, if you will.  Would we all have eased up off of Teenage Eric if he were a girl?  Let's be real.

And that patthickey kid is a joke.  I've read maybe one or two comments in this entire thread that could be perceived as sexist.  No one is playing the "get off of VC and back into the kitchen to make me a sandwich" card, nor are there dudes posting sexual jabs or being foul.  Way to blow things out of proportion, hickey.  And as far as updating status / blogs / tweets / whatever: I envy your life if an internet scuffle is that traumatic for you.  You're in for a rude awakening if you ever step out into the real world and witness legitimate sexual harassment or domestic abuse.  And calling out the dozens of members who choose to not fan this flame?  Guys like myself who've read this thread without feeling the need to dive into the shit-storm, up until now?  Piss off, man.  You're a tool for trying to shame anyone who's above all the shit in this thread.  Someone had to say it.

derek successfully says everything that goes through my head but i cant seem to type out legibly.  

thank you, derek. 

Went to work at 11 and there were 26 pages, got off just now and there are 36. I totally expected there to be a US pre order up but nope, just VC peeps being VC peeps. A small part of me wants to go back and read all 10 pages, but just reading 3 back makes me want to stomp on a pregnant baby...

Imagine the insanity of a baby being pregnant!

Thank you guys.  I'd like to think I'm not alone on this one.  And just to reiterate, I have no animosity towards lahispute.  I think she has as much of a right to join and participate in VC as anyone else.  But at the same time, the rest of the board and myself also have the right to ridicule her as we see fit.  Especially if she's practically asking for it.

I'd also like to say that it's very possible to be a new female member without receiving harassment.  Look at futurekills, for example.  She can articulate her posts, stay on topic, contribute to threads, and keep her head above drama.  I actually had no idea she was a girl for the first month or two she was here.