Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Russian Circles / Helms Alee Oct 1 and 2: either fight DC on Saturday or easy trip to RDU on Sunday, get in late, start Monday off with a bangover

Caspian / The Appleseed Cast -  3 weeks later - exact same dilemma for Sat vs. Sunday. 3 hr one way drive each way, but getting out of DC and getting parking to R&R Hotel :barf:

8 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Russian Circles / Helms Alee Oct 1 and 2: either fight DC on Saturday or easy trip to RDU on Sunday, get in late, start Monday off with a bangover

Caspian / The Appleseed Cast -  3 weeks later - exact same dilemma for Sat vs. Sunday. 3 hr one way drive each way, but getting out of DC and getting parking to R&R Hotel :barf:

Drive to Richmond, ride with me the rest of the way. I'm parking in NoVA and taking the metro in. So much easier.

If These Trees Could Talk added some products to their online store today that were available at the album release shows last weekend.  They also added what appears to be five copies of 'Red Forest' in clear black/red splatter.  I got one, and it looks like there are two left for anyone interested.

http://ifthesetreescouldtalk.bigcartel.com/product/12-if-these-trees-could-talk-red-forest

6 hours ago, coreystevens88 said:

If These Trees Could Talk added some products to their online store today that were available at the album release shows last weekend.  They also added what appears to be five copies of 'Red Forest' in clear black/red splatter.  I got one, and it looks like there are two left for anyone interested.

http://ifthesetreescouldtalk.bigcartel.com/product/12-if-these-trees-could-talk-red-forest

Gonzo! Wasn't able to grab one. Not sure I wanted one anyways. I think I just wanted the option.

Remember Bells> ? They're back :)  Friends with 'thepunkguy' Kristian.  They have some nice instrumental stuff some will love and some will find boring.

Bells> Releases

View this email in your browser

6534f7c8-c329-40f9-80b8-9e968eb36356.png
Hello again and long time no see! A general update covering the last year and a half or so includes a relaunch of our website, an Instagram feed, an imminent move to a new practice space (still small as our metropolis demands, but with windows!), and not least a new bassist in the form of one Sean H. Doyle, ally, collaborator, and man-about-town. We've also got some new material brewing, and if you live in the Eastern Megalopolis (Boston to DC, roughly), we might be headed your way in August. Here are the dates:

Monday 8/1/16: O'Brien's Pub, Allston, MA
Tuesday 8/2/16: The Bug Jar, Rochester, NY
Wednesday 8/3/16: Saint Vitus, Brooklyn, NY
Thursday 8/4/16: The Citizen, Jersey City, NJ
Friday 8/5/16: PhilaMOCA, Philadelphia, PA
Saturday 8/6/26: In it Together Fest, St. Stephen's, Washington, DC
Sunday 8/7/16: Windup Space, Baltimore, MD

We'll be performing with our Nashvillian pals FRIENDSHIP COMMANDERS and DC compatriots THE EFFECTS. Variously complementing and otherwise improving the situation will be Drew O'Doherty,Day of the Locust, Billy Bouchard, VapersCallowhill, and J. RobbinsAdditionally, cellist, completist, and collaborist Gordon Withers will be joining us for our DC set.

You can get the full scoop at the shows page at our website. Bring a friend. Tell a friend.
We look forward to seeing you.

"A better way to ignite and stoke the fires of joy
and the human spirit than music? There is none."

— Chris Ernst

Friend us, follow us, look at us, contact us, listen to us:
color-facebook-96.png
color-twitter-96.png
Instagram
color-link-96.png
Email
SoundCloud

SSoA_JACKET_webb358cfaf0d23.png
180g clear vinyl + download or download-only
bells_there_are_crashes_12_300x300.jpg
Listen to and buy
There Are Crashes 
random-colored 12" vinyl + download
or download-only
BELLS_E2_89_A5LAM_C3_89_v1b3cb22.jpeg
Listen to and buy
Lamé 
download-only

color-facebook-48.png Share
color-twitter-48.png Tweet
color-forwardtofriend-48.png Forward to Friend

Copyright © 2016 BELLS≥, All rights reserved. 
You are receiving this email because you have expressed interest in our band elsewhere or previously.

Our mailing address is: 
BELLS≥
596 Henry Street
# 4
Brooklyn, NY 11231

Add us to your address book
unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

On 7/17/2016 at 0:57 PM, The Butcha said:

Got my Glasir EP in yesterday and hot damn this record sounds massive. Thanks for the heads up on this one, Gumby.

Sick!  I'm so glad you like it and picked one up from the band.  My big package is still on it's way, ended up doing the group buy for the /100 for a bunch of people off the Facebook post-rock group and one other dude here.  Everybody is raving about the release, I can't wait.  

They also said that for the next releases, they aren't going so all-out crazy with packaging, so the prices will be lower for subsequent releases.  I'm reallllllly looking forward to the Show Me A Dinosaur release, as well as the Au Revoir - Veles repress.  The Show Me A Dinosaur stuff is absolutely amazing, and with the quality these guys seem to be putting into everything.... I think it will be a massive release.  

I think Oceanic is the album I own the most copies of....   and I'm not one who collects variants.  But I finally got my clear/green splatter original master press, so I'm good :D 

You guys see that "Minor Light" by Fourteen Nights At Sea got repressed?  It's on frosted clear....  looks pretty gorgeous.  Not sure why they repressed that instead of "Great North" especially since Hobbledehoy still has copies of the original Minor Light press in stock, but okay haha.  

12 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I think Oceanic is the album I own the most copies of....   and I'm not one who collects variants.  But I finally got my clear/green splatter original master press, so I'm good :D 

I now have three different presses of Oceanic, and it seems I've started a little quest to find my favorite.  I now have the brine green, 1st press trans green, and 3rd press trans orange.  Looking for a 1st press by Trust No One, and will grab a 2014 remaster eventually. 

3 hours ago, seku said:

^Having like 25 different pressing of this giant, I must admit that 'brine' one is probably the one that looks the best ;)

Maciek, what does it mean to have 25 different pressings of one album? ;)

The Brine is indeed a nice one - I opted for the Seaweed Splatter to look at and play my Clear/Clear.

• jhulud locked this topic