Don't touch my records. Ever.

. i really would be happy if they wanted to take a look so i can geek out over them for once, but i would hate it if they just started pulling things off the shelves, willy-nilly.

I'm in the same boat. The most I get is, "put on something hesh!" Or, "Do you have Home Grown?"

I usually just Bluetooth my Nexus 7 to my amp and let people play whatever they want via Google Play All Access. Unless I have something new I want to hear when people are over, the vinyl is for me to enjoy only!

I specifically rented a two bedroom 3 years ago to devote the second room to my vinyl. At the time I had a mere 100 lps, a few 10's and a handful of 7s. At this point I've got over 300 lps and I'm really proud of my collection. I don't let anyone in there without me watching like a hawk. None of my real life friends collect so they just dig until their like "oh man I loved this album in high school". Then when they leave I assess the out of catalogued vinyl, put them in their correct spot and fix the spines line up I have. Alphabetical order, chronological order.

my friends dont come over. no one does.

and when they do i show them my vinyl like sharing pics of my kids.

oh, heres a red/blue splatter from '03....

they dont care or appreciate music.

My life.

The only thing I have to worry about is my cat jumping on my turntable when it's open and a record spinning. Stupid asshole too busy licking himself to appreciate music.

My life.

The only thing I have to worry about is my cat jumping on my turntable when it's open and a record spinning. Stupid asshole too busy licking himself to appreciate music.

My cat loves to come in my music room but thankfully he's never tried to jump on my turntable while a record is playing. He'll just lay down in front of the shelves and enjoy the music.  :)

Space at my house is at such a premium, and I've got the records in wall cabinets that I built so the little guys can't get into them, so the most organization I aim for is to bunch everything by artist.  When I get new records in, they just get put in the open space at the end of one of the cabinets, and once a month or so, I'll go through those try to organize them.  Somewhat ordered chaos, much like my life.

I tried to play Mclusky at work the other day and got called a hipster because no one had heard of them before.  That was my attempt for the year to bring friends into my musical likings.  I'm incredibly personal with music.  I swear I make friends/get married with/to people based on how polar opposite we are music-wise. 

I can be pretty OCD with my collection.. but based on this clip, this guy clearly has mental issues. 

clearly it's a symptom of greater problems in their relationship and shouldn't be taken completely seriously, but I think anyone who has a passionate hobby can see his point of view. healthy people can see both sides.

I'm curious to know how anal everyone here is about visitors looking at their records.

Can't stand it. Same goes for CDs, Tapes, Movies, Video Games, Books, Posters, just about any media. I keep my collection pristine and other people don't, so they don't know how to handle shit. Then they get taken aback when I bark I them 'Don't touch that. Don't touch anything.' I don't go to other people houses and start manhandling their shit.

I think the point the scene tries to make is that it should be more important to her and she should know that.

He loves music. He loves his music collection. It's important to him. He has told her this. She should listen and care because it's important to him.

If she really understood him or truly cared, she would hold his feelings and what's important to him in higher regard than she does. That's what's so upsetting to him.

moved in with the misses while we sort out loans for a house together so she is the only other person who touches/see/listens to my collection.....i have no gripes with her putting on whatever she wants, she knows how important they all are too me....i actually really enjoy when she chucks something on without prompt from me.......i have started to buying her anything i come across that she enjoys even if i don't.

Friend however, are a bunch of assholes......or were when i had a massive cd collection set up in my room in our share house they were.....i had a lock on my door and if i forgot to lock it and go to work they would often come in and purposely re-arrange some cds knowing i would see them out of order..........they got in one time and randomly left lemons all over my room as well and sent me pictures of them all when i was at work........but what are friends for ey?

My life.

this is my cats' favorite thing to do when i'm playing a rare and/or expensive record. can't ever do it when i'm spinning an beat up copy of CCR or something.