PO: Dane Cook "Harmful If Swallowed" 10th anniversary edition 2xLP /1000

From the inbox—please realize a cut-n-paste is not an endorsement on my behalf, but maybe someone here wants this:

COMEDY CENTRAL RECORDS CELEBRATES 10th ANNIVERSARY OF DANE COOK: HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED WITH A LIMITED-EDITION VINYL RELEASE
285.jpg
Only 1,000 Vinyl Copies in Print with Exclusive New 10th Anniversary Artwork On Sale November 26
It’s been 10 years since Dane Cook, then a young comedian rising in the ranks of the comedy world, released Harmful If Swallowed. The album went Platinum, selling over one million copies, a rare feat for a comedy album from a comedian just starting out. Harmful If Swallowed brought Cook to the masses, proving that his iconic storytelling style of comedy translates masterfully onto record. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of this achievement, Comedy Central Records will release a limited-edition run of 1,000 vinyl copies of the critically-acclaimed album with exclusive 10thanniversary artwork. The vinyl will be available beginning November 26th

In the years since the release of Harmful If Swallowed, Cook has maintained his reputation as one of today’s most prolific stand-up comedians, while simultaneously distinguishing himself as a charismatic and versatile actor in a variety of film and television projects. He recently completed his sold-out, 20-date Under Oath tour during which Cook aimed to emulate the tone of Harmful If Swallowed as it approached its 10-year anniversary. 

Cook is well-known to fans of comedy through his Comedy Central and HBO stand-up specials, and for his successful comedy albums. The 2006 release of Retaliation became the highest-charting comedy album in 28 years and was certified Double Platinum, earning him a place alongside best-selling comedy vets Bill Cosby, George Carlin and Steve Martin. After inking a multi-faceted production deal with HBO in 2006, Cook created, directed and starred in the network’s nine-part comedy documentary series, Tourgasm, and wrote, executive produced and starred in Vicious Circle, a feature-length stand-up event. His film credits include starring roles in My Best Friend’s Girl opposite Kate Hudson, Dan In Real Lifeopposite Steve Carell and Mr. Brooks opposite Kevin Costner, among others. Cook recently lent his voice to Disney’s Planes as the lead character Dusty. The animated film has grossed over $200 million worldwide and Cook will reprise his role as Dusty in the sequel, Planes: Fire & Rescue, scheduled for release in 2014. 

Pre-order here: http://amzn.to/16JtFBZ 

I'm surprised they aren't trying to charge more... $17 isn't bad at all.  Yeah, he's kind of a joke these days, but he was great when he made this album because he actually cared and wasn't trying too hard at everything.  Honestly I still think he gets unfairly shat on.  He's not nearly as bad as everyone that hates on him claims he is.

He steals jokes, dude. HE is a joke.

Someone presses Paul F. Thompkins, I'll be cool.

but I mean, Dane Cook's Comedy Central Presents from way back was fantastic, and after that, I was done. Back when he did that, he wouldn't have gotten away with stealing material. And it was actually funny. I'll say he's good at doing other people's stuff, but I have very little respect for him as a comedian.

He was awesome in Mr. Brooks, though. I loved that movie.

I'll never understand the Dane Cook hate train. Dude hustled the shit out of Myspace like many bands did in the early 2000's. The joke-stealing thing was kind of over exaggerated, the comparisons were not 1-to-1. It's ridiculous to think 2 people couldn't come up with similar joke premises. Comedians are google searching tweets before they post them in fear of getting accused of stealing jokes.

Dane Cook not being good aside, I dont really see the appeal in most comedy/spoken word albums unless there is some sort of historical relevance to it.  You listen once and everything is new and fresh, a second time maybe, but after the 3rd you already know the jokes so they get old.  Kinda like all those Jerky Boys cds back in the day, I was glad my friend got them but I wouldnt drop money on it.   Certainly there are exceptions for some of the greats like George Carlin or Richard Pryor, but other than that I will pass on them

Dane Cook not being good aside, I dont really see the appeal in most comedy/spoken word albums unless there is some sort of historical relevance to it. You listen once and everything is new and fresh, a second time maybe, but after the 3rd you already know the jokes so they get old. Kinda like all those Jerky Boys cds back in the day, I was glad my friend got them but I wouldnt drop money on it. Certainly there are exceptions for some of the greats like George Carlin or Richard Pryor, but other than that I will pass on them

Different strokes for different folks. I listen to all my comedy albums often, just like any other album. I feel that many comedians say, "I wanted to do comedy because of _____'s album, I listened to it over and over and would recite the act in the mirror or to my friends/parents."