VC's definitive list of albums, A- Z (VOTING CLOSED)

brandy

also L should be fun with albums like lift your skinny fists, lonesome crowded west, low level level owl and so on.

L is easy enough for me cause even though there are a lot of great albums starting with L – Liar, Leviathan, Lateralus, The Legacy, LP2, Low-life, Lysol, Like Iron I Rust, Left Hand Path, Lapsus, Loyal Eyes Betrayed the Mind, Lights, Low Level Owl, Little Lucid Moments, etc – none of them come remotely close to the majestic Lift Your Skinny Fists.

R, S, T, and U are all gonna be tough due to candidate abundance. X is a huge challenge for the opposite reason. And on W I have no idea how I'm gonna choose between We Are The Romans and Wrong.

The hardest letter so far was definitely D, with superb releases like Daydream Nation, Doolittle, Disintegration, Deloused, Drive Like Jehu, Demon Box, Doomsayer's Holiday, and of course Damaged.

L is easy enough for me cause even though there are a lot of great albums starting with L – Liar, Leviathan, Lateralus, The Legacy, LP2, Low-life, Lysol, Like Iron I Rust, Left Hand Path, Lapsus, Loyal Eyes Betrayed the Mind, Lights, Low Level Owl, Little Lucid Moments, etc – none of them come remotely close to the majestic Lift Your Skinny Fists.

This is kind of how I feel.  I actually revisited LYSF today, to gauge how I feel about the album in comparison to other L candidates.  And as much as I hate the idea of dedicating two votes to the same artist (see; entry F)... I just don't know.  The last track of Skinny Fists makes me feel like I'm quite possibly listening to the most important thing I've ever heard.  Tough call, especially when you consider just how much the Low Level Owl compilation encompasses.

This is kind of how I feel. I actually revisited LYSF today, to gauge how I feel about the album in comparison to other L candidates. And as much as I hate the idea of dedicating two votes to the same artist (see; entry F)... I just don't know. The last track of Skinny Fists makes me feel like I'm quite possibly listening to the most important thing I've ever heard. Tough call, especially when you consider just how much the Low Level Owl compilation encompasses.

Lift Yr Skinny Fists makes me happy to be alive. There aren't many other records I can convincingly say that about.

Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage

0040b74818b2008d4cc6cf08691e64619197894e

I'd prob pick Jar of Flies, but being an EP I say no.

Also I dig:

Phish - Junta

Experimental Dental School - Jane Doe Loves Me.

Jean Grae - Jeanius

Jurassic 5 - S/T

Bluetip - Join Us

Royksopp - Junior

They Might Be Giants - John Henry

Daphni - Jiaolong

Sleep - Jerusalem

Guru - Jazzmatazz series

DJ Krush - Jaku

Jaco Pastorius - S/T (does that count as a J or a P)

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Jazz Messengers

Results for round J:

12:

Jane Doe - Converge

10:

Jersey's Best Dancers - Lifetime

4:

Juturna - Circa Survive

2:

James Blake - James Blake

Joshua Tree - U2

1:

Joyce Manor - Joyce Manor

Josephine - Magnolia Electric Co.

Jimmy Eat World - Jimmy Eat World 

Jar - Daylight

Jagged Thoughts - American Steel

Jersey's Best Prancers - The Ergs

Jokes - Kidcrash

Jesu - Jesu

Joe's Garage - Frank Zappa

Pretty close stuff here... But

THE WINNER FOR ROUND J IS JANE DOE BY CONVERGE!!!!