Recent purchases

The Dicks - Kill From The Heart

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Shake The Sheets (Been looking for a not super expensive copy for awhile now and got it for 20 bucks. Not too bad!)

Operation Ivy - Energy (An OG Lookout one!)

Nice! I picked up the Hectic EP yesterday for $15. A little more than I usually like to spend on a 7", but it's from the first press (#2736) and I could swear to you that it's never been played. Absolutely mint. 

Moneen - The Red Tree Repress + Bonus 7" [RSD] - White/Red

of Montreal - Paralytic Stalks 2xLP - Yellow

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

Something Corporate - North - Pale Yellow

Dear and the Headlights - Drunk Like Bible Times 2x10" - Translucent Wine

Rilo Kiley - Rkives 2xLP

Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreaks 2xLP

Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork 2xLP

Moneen - The Red Tree Repress + Bonus 7" [RSD] - White/Red

of Montreal - Paralytic Stalks 2xLP - Yellow

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

Something Corporate - North - Pale Yellow

Dear and the Headlights - Drunk Like Bible Times 2x10" - Translucent Wine

Rilo Kiley - Rkives 2xLP

Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreaks 2xLP

Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork 2xLP

Eclectic, but solid list.

Nice! I picked up the Hectic EP yesterday for $15. A little more than I usually like to spend on a 7", but it's from the first press (#2736) and I could swear to you that it's never been played. Absolutely mint. 

That totally rules. Mine was $30 but I've seen the repress going for 20 on average, so I was fine for dropping that.

That totally rules. Mine was $30 but I've seen the repress going for 20 on average, so I was fine for dropping that.

Nice, nice. Now I just have to keep sifting for a copy of Energy. I'd love to have an original, but I'll probably settle for one from the clear repress because I've had such good experience with clear vinyl. 

Urban Outfitters is doing 50% off clearance items again, so I went to one of the UOs in Atlanta, combed through the records, and found just two with a clearance sticker on them. Bought them both. See below:

10890694_352265254945167_1516104422_n.jp

The grand total: $5. It would have been $10, but the cashier who rang me up really liked Sleigh Bells. Not sure how that worked out, but I'm glad it did, since I'd been meaning to buy Bitter Rivals for a while now but the $20+ price tags always made me put it back down.

(I'd never listened to the Moondoggies album. It's pretty ehh, but it was basically free, so I'm not complaining.)

Recently grabbed:

Chelsea Wolfe - The Grime and the Glow - Gray/Black Splatter

Chelsea Wolfe - Pain Is Beauty - Red

Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun - Black

Orders/Preorders:

Deftones - Around The Fur - Black (finished their studio discography! finally!)

Enter Shikari - The Mindsweep - US Blue Splatter Variant

Giant Squid - Minoans - Seafoam Blue

In addition to the new live Dr Dog album and the new Sleater-Kinney LP coming this month, I'm eagerly awaiting this one...

http://lightintheattic.net/releases/1332-native-north-america-vol-1-aboriginal-folk-rock-and-country-1966-1985

thumb_325_LITA103_Highres.jpg

Native North America (Vol. 1): Aboriginal Folk, Rock, and Country 1966–1985

Native North America (Vol. 1) features music from the Indigenous peoples of Canada and the northern United States, recorded in the turbulent decades between 1966 to 1985. It represents the fusion of shifting global popular culture and a reawakening of Aboriginal spirituality and expression. The majority of this material has been widely unavailable for decades, hindered by lack of distribution or industry support and by limited mass media coverage, until now. You’ll hear Arctic garage rock from the Nunavik region of northern Quebec, melancholy Yup’ik folk from Alaska, and hushed country blues from the Wagmatcook First Nation reserve in Nova Scotia. You’ll hear echoes of Neil Young, Velvet Underground, Leonard Cohen, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Johnny Cash, and more among the songs, but injected with Native consciousness, storytelling, poetry, history, and ceremony.

mock.jpg

In addition to the new live Dr Dog album and the new Sleater-Kinney LP coming this month, I'm eagerly awaiting this one...

http://lightintheattic.net/releases/1332-native-north-america-vol-1-aboriginal-folk-rock-and-country-1966-1985

thumb_325_LITA103_Highres.jpg

Native North America (Vol. 1): Aboriginal Folk, Rock, and Country 1966–1985

Native North America (Vol. 1) features music from the Indigenous peoples of Canada and the northern United States, recorded in the turbulent decades between 1966 to 1985. It represents the fusion of shifting global popular culture and a reawakening of Aboriginal spirituality and expression. The majority of this material has been widely unavailable for decades, hindered by lack of distribution or industry support and by limited mass media coverage, until now. You’ll hear Arctic garage rock from the Nunavik region of northern Quebec, melancholy Yup’ik folk from Alaska, and hushed country blues from the Wagmatcook First Nation reserve in Nova Scotia. You’ll hear echoes of Neil Young, Velvet Underground, Leonard Cohen, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Johnny Cash, and more among the songs, but injected with Native consciousness, storytelling, poetry, history, and ceremony.

mock.jpg

That looks dope

WOW seriously? I wonder how many copies were up, did it ship yet?

I have a tendency of staying up til 4 a.m. looking for records online. Was putting a bunch of stuff in my cart at ccmusic.com. Then I decided to do a search on colored vinyl, looked through the entire section at shopradiocast.com to get a better idea of what to get. Found Plagues and bought the only 2 they had in stock. It hasn't shipped yet, at least I haven't received any confirmation. Hopefully it works out because when I usually stumble upon stuff like this, it never does. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Wish it was the double album with Dear Love...