Post Your Record Storage Area

Which LED's did you fit in there?  I would love to do this with mine, but I need the LEDs to have a soft spread of light instead of a concentrated spot brightness...if you catch my drift.  If you look at the lights from an under angle, do they bother your eyes?

I used the "DIODER" ones IKEA sells. They seemed the easiest to install, and I can't solder to save my life. I haven't looked at them from under, as the highest ones are about 2 feet off the ground.

We just moved into a new house. Here's an idea of how the basement is shaping up:

25kpv6f.jpg

5xllk0.jpg

96hope.jpg

I like your wall. What did you use to make the 7" fit in place? Hot glue? Nails?

I have a lot of good looking CDs (like Microsoft CDs with holographic covers) and hard drive discs I'd like to fit like that when I buy a house. I used to make them stand on the wall with pinpoints but I'm looking for something better.

12.5 X12.5.

i measured and was like wait an lp should fit.  tried it and an lp infact does fit.  if you have a sleeve over the record cover then that gets in the way but it works if you wanted to throw some in there.

It's actually around 12.25 inches. You can fit it, if you'd like, but its a REALLY tight squeeze.

John Dies At The End! Fuck yea!

Really enjoyed the book, wasn't the biggest fan of the changes they made with the movie. Planning to check out the second book once it's released in paperback.

Where did you get those clear 7" boxes?

See below:

This looks awesome!

Just a quick one, what are and where do you get those 7" holder things from?

I'm currently trying to think of a way to store mine othern than on my bedroom floor!

They're from The Container Store, and are meant to hold DVDs. They're metal mesh with metal rimming. They are the perfect size for 7"s, and are 15.5" deep, so they fill an Expedit cube (15.375") front-to-back. I'd say I've got ~140 7"s in each. I used to use the cardstock DVD boxes from IKEA, but I didn't like how flimsy they got when full, and the hardware used to assemble them sticking out into my records always irked me. These, being metal and having handles, are rather solid and easily moved.

I think this is it: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/collections/mediaStorage/dVDsVideos?productId=10014819&N=226&Ns=p_sort_default%7C0

However, I'd recommend buying in person, as some of the ones in the store had rather sharp burs coming out of the bottom (where they connected the sides to the bottom), which could damage your records. Mine are all smooth.

Really enjoyed the book, wasn't the biggest fan of the changes they made with the movie. Planning to check out the second book once it's released in paperback.

See below:

They're from The Container Store, and are meant to hold DVDs. They're metal mesh with metal rimming. They are the perfect size for 7"s, and are 15.5" deep, so they fill an Expedit cube (15.375") front-to-back. I'd say I've got ~140 7"s in each. I used to use the cardstock DVD boxes from IKEA, but I didn't like how flimsy they got when full, and the hardware used to assemble them sticking out into my records always irked me. These, being metal and having handles, are rather solid and easily moved.

I think this is it: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/collections/mediaStorage/dVDsVideos?productId=10014819&N=226&Ns=p_sort_default%7C0

However, I'd recommend buying in person, as some of the ones in the store had rather sharp burs coming out of the bottom (where they connected the sides to the bottom), which could damage your records. Mine are all smooth.

Thanks for that. I'm in the UK sadly, but i'm sure I can find something similar over here.

I like your wall. What did you use to make the 7" fit in place? Hot glue? Nails?

I have a lot of good looking CDs (like Microsoft CDs with holographic covers) and hard drive discs I'd like to fit like that when I buy a house. I used to make them stand on the wall with pinpoints but I'm looking for something better.

Originally we tried a spray adhesive which didn't work too well. For whatever reason it held some records better than others. So as more fell, I switched to a hot glue gun and it's work perfect.

• jhulud locked this topic