Post Your Record Storage Area

that! ^^ I built one of those and its awesome. I have about 300ish records and it holds all of them with space for another 100 or so I would say. Cost me about $40 in lumber with some wood glue, caps, rubberized the shelves, and stained it and it turned out great. Home Depot will even make most of the cuts for you!

EDIT: This picture was taken when I had about 40 or so more records in there. Works great though!

bin1_zps64cf614b.jpg

I think he's looking for something like this (from a few pages back): http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=337891

that! ^^ I built one of those and its awesome. I have about 300ish records and it holds all of them with space for another 100 or so I would say. Cost me about $40 in lumber with some wood glue, caps, rubberized the shelves, and stained it and it turned out great. Home Depot will even make most of the cuts for you!

EDIT: This picture was taken when I had about 40 or so more records in there. Works great though!

bin1_zps64cf614b.jpg

I'm looking for something more like this:

efnYCPt.jpg?1

No bottom area, so pets can't get to it (and I hate bending down)

Not nearly as many records as a lot of people on here, WOW! But here is my current situation. As you can see I am running out of room. I have the Smiths box set that I had to place elsewhere to make room for everything. I also have about 20 incoming records, so I need to figure something out quick. I'll probably be going to Office Depot/Max to check out some shelves and doing a lot of room rearranging this weekend.

mrxsv7.jpg

Not nearly as many records as a lot of people on here, WOW! But here is my current situation. As you can see I am running out of room. I have the Smiths box set that I had to place elsewhere to make room for everything. I also have about 20 incoming records, so I need to figure something out quick. I'll probably be going to Office Depot/Max to check out some shelves and doing a lot of room rearranging this weekend.

mrxsv7.jpg

If ikea is not an option for you, i actually went to office depot today and saw something that looked okay for vinyl. 

Found it: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/547956/Realspace-Magellan-Collection-2-Shelf-Sofa/

Might be cutting it close on the height and the records might stick out the tiniest bit. It was on display though, maybe it will be at your location too.

If ikea is not an option for you, i actually went to office depot today and saw something that looked okay for vinyl. 

Found it: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/547956/Realspace-Magellan-Collection-2-Shelf-Sofa/

Might be cutting it close on the height and the records might stick out the tiniest bit. It was on display though, maybe it will be at your location too.

Yeah, they have something like that at the one nearest to me. Ikea isn't really an option because I don't know where the closest one is to me/how expensive it can be. I have a fairly large window in the back of my bedroom and I think I will put something like that in front of it with my table and speakers, knick nacks, etc. I can just bring a record in and place it in there to make sure it all fits. I would also like something to keep my books in as well, considering that my book shelves are starting to cave in and I fear they will break soon. And I have a good portion of my books on my desk already as you can see in the picture. Also need to find a fuckin' spot for those tapes.

Yeah, they have something like that at the one nearest to me. Ikea isn't really an option because I don't know where the closest one is to me/how expensive it can be. I have a fairly large window in the back of my bedroom and I think I will put something like that in front of it with my table and speakers, knick nacks, etc. I can just bring a record in and place it in there to make sure it all fits. I would also like something to keep my books in as well, considering that my book shelves are starting to cave in and I fear they will break soon. And I have a good portion of my books on my desk already as you can see in the picture. Also need to find a fuckin' spot for those tapes.

might be easier to bring a tape measure instead of a record.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on going to ikea tomorrow, how big are the boxes that the expedits come in. I assume I put it

Together at home.

Would it fit in a car is what I'm asking pretty much

Do your back seats fold flat?

I guess it depends on what size you're getting, but on all of them, the long side is a single piece.

I plan on going to ikea tomorrow, how big are the boxes that the expedits come in. I assume I put it

Together at home.

Would it fit in a car is what I'm asking pretty much

Yes. I have small 4-door.

What I did was open the box and take out each piece so it could all fit in the car. I also recommend this because sometimes the pieces are damaged. One time I bought an expedit, took it all the way home and was so psyched to set it up when I noticed that one of the biggest pieces was missing a considerable chunk.

• jhulud locked this topic