Post Your Record Storage Area

Okay, this one's going to be a bit weird. This isn't my record storage area, but it was my record mailer & other packaging storage area. For some reason I still had almost every mailer, box and padded envelope since my very first ebay purchase in 2006, tucked away in the garage. I reused quite a few when selling stuff, but other than that everything was still there, so no packaging was ever thrown away. 7 and a half years later I decided to finally get rid of everything, but put it all in a pile and took a pic first. So this is the postal packaging for almost every internet purchase I made (music, movies, games, electronics) between March 2006 and November 2013:

We're going to be recycling, correct?

IKEA Lack hack

Took a few $10 tables from IKEA and put them together after cutting legs.

0f52437c4a6911e385670e5a37ffd473_8.jpg

That's exactly what I want to do when I have room for it. Kudos!

Right now, because my room is awkwardly shaped and the floors aren't even (the house was built in 1940 and probably hasn't been worked on since the 70's), my records are on the complete opposite side of my room from my turntable. It sucks, but I couldn't figure out another way to do it.

hZi3n4k.jpg

Right now, because my room is awkwardly shaped and the floors aren't even (the house was built in 1940 and probably hasn't been worked on since the 70's), my records are on the complete opposite side of my room from my turntable. It sucks, but I couldn't figure out another way to do it.

I'm in a similar situation.  The turntable on one side, records on the other.  I usually just end up with 10-15 records that I'm listening a lot leaning against the wall by my turntable.

Does anyone have records stored in something like this? There are 4 of these for sale locally ($125 each) and I'm thinking of picking one up for when I have a house.

35441493_934.jpg

I have a similar record bin i built from plans at audiokarma. it costs about $60 (depending on materials it could be cheaper) and holds 200+ records. go back a few pages and you can see a picture of the one i built. 

Looks like a Daniel Danger print.

Edit: yeah, it's called “but theres chemistry, and no jealousy”.

This is correct, and there is a complimentary print titled "so stop her stop her this is killing me", but it was sold out when I ordered mine. I'm trying to find one to hang next to that one.

This is correct, and there is a complimentary print titled "so stop her stop her this is killing me", but it was sold out when I ordered mine. I'm trying to find one to hang next to that one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Danger-So-Stop-Her-This-Is-Killing-Me-Art-Print-Worlds-Fair-Unisphere-/261265397390?pt=Art_Posters&hash=item3cd4a1968e

Jump on one when you can. Theres only a little over 200 if I recall of each of them.

• jhulud locked this topic