PO : The Used - Imaginary Enemy

Isn't this band now just Bert and a bunch of hired guns? Like no other original members? I'm pretty sure that's what Orgy is now too if they're even still around. I went to see Orgy for the hell of it like two years ago and it was ridiculous. The singer just kept asking the crowd how they liked the band like during the songs and in between them. WTF?

Isn't this band now just Bert and a bunch of hired guns? Like no other original members?

Not at all. The only member they've ever replaced is Steineckert the drummer. Research is fun.

I believe Steineckert left (or got the boot) after the band and him had differences regarding the musical direction and style the band was going. After some of the stuff they've come out following his departure it's kinda hard to blame him. 

Weird. I really could have sworn there was a time when it was just Bert and some paid dudes. Oh well. Yeah, I can't blame him at all. I was done with them by the time In Love And Death was about to be released. "Take It Away" was an alright song but the other tracks I heard were atrocious and anything I've heard from them since has been incredibly bad. There have been a few tracks that actually had some balls but were just forgettable.

I don't really care for the new song all that much. I thought this bands debut album was pretty good. I have to be honest though I haven't been impressed with anything this band has done in probably over 10 years. I always go into anything they write hoping it's at least okay (and it probably is just okay) but nothing they've done since their first album I've thought was really good.

Not at all. The only member they've ever replaced is Steineckert the drummer. Research is fun.

I believe Steineckert left (or got the boot) after the band and him had differences regarding the musical direction and style the band was going. After some of the stuff they've come out following his departure it's kinda hard to blame him. 

I haven't gotten into anything after Lies for the Liars.  Even that album took a lot of listening.  They've always been a band that I wish I could get into thier entire catalogue, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen.  With that said, the S/T album is still one of my all time fav's.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...