Best Record Owner in America

My girlfriend gets jealous that I get to open what she calls 'presents' every other day it seems. I've started to let her open rhe packages when they come. Starts with a smile like a kid at Christmas to utter disappointment when she finds yet another grind album. ☺️ I try to purchase an Outkast or 90's partay record every once in a while to keep her hopes up.

My girlfriend gets jealous that I get to open what she calls 'presents' every other day it seems. I've started to let her open rhe packages when they come. Starts with a smile like a kid at Christmas to utter disappointment when she finds yet another grind album. ☺️ I try to purchase an Outkast or 90's partay record every once in a while to keep her hopes up.

Since I've got into this hobby a few months ago I quickly realized that to keep the stinkeyes from the wife to a minimum that I needed to enact a ratio of about 1 album of something that she specifically likes for every 3-4 albums that I get that I like. Luckily, we share similar musical interests so she doesn't get too bent out of shape when I get an album in the mail but it still helps when something comes that she has specifically mentioned as something she wouldn't mind having.

• 4 weeks later...

I am eternally glad that the only things I was putting on the internet at that age was wallowy self-pity blogs on livejournal that no-one read and which have since been deleted.

Despite the "altar of self worship" (thanks whoever previously wrote that), I can kind of understand where the kid is coming from (The Macklemore kid, haven't watched the Sunn O))) kid yet). Don't we all still get those moments where you're listening to a favourite artist and it's just so fucking good that you can't articulate what you're feeling, what it makes you feel, why you love it, why you love the artist, how good it is to have the record in your hands? I certainly do. All I want to do is talk to people about it BUT, with music being so subjective it's almost a pointless exercise as soon as you start. I want to write about how music makes me feel - I just don't put it on YouTube or Twitter or Facebook or wherever.

I put up a song on Facebook the other day and tried to wax lyrical about how much I fucking love it, and even though it wasn't 1% of the content of this kid's video, I still felt like a dick for doing it. You want to tell the world, but the world won't listen, but that's the difference I think. It's the ballsiness of youth to say "I don't care who watched this" (even though they probably definitely do), compared to the "is there any point in doing this?" of maturity, or whatever.

Anyway, who the fuck is Macklemore?

EDIT: Watched that Sunn O))) kid. Jesus wept.

Edited by caninesapien

• 4 weeks later...