I missed the In Memoriam part of the show. And just read that Dave Brockie (GWAR) and Wayne Static (Static-X) were not included in it. Kinda fucked up to overlook them as such. 

But hey, let's not pretend that Grammy night should be taken all that seriously anyway. It is a joke.

I know nothing about Kanye's music. But I find it odd the guy is talking about true artistry when he's married to someone who possesses no talent whatsoever. And also likes to make people think he keeps a low profile but he's married to arguably the most talked about person in the world. He's a walking contradiction of everything he's trying to seem to be.

Well, Kanye isn't wrong (except telling Beck - out of all people - to respect artistry). I mean, there's no way Morning Phase should've gotten AOTY over Beyoncé's self-titled. Shit, even Beck was like "the fuck?" when he made his way to the stage. He should've won 10+ years ago but was robbed twice. More proof that the Grammy committee is out of touch, honoring veterans when it's other's time to shine.

Exactly. Look at the rock and metal nominees from the past three years. It's full of old dudes. Maybe put younger bands on it that could actually use the publicity to take their careers to the next level.

I love Shirley Manson, posted on her facebook:

Dear Kanye West

It is YOU who is so busy disrespecting artistry. 
You disrespect your own remarkable talents and more importantly you disrespect the talent, hard work and tenacity of all artists when you go so rudely and savagely after such an accomplished and humble artist like BECK. 
You make yourself look small and petty and spoilt.
In attempting to reduce the importance of one great talent over another, you make a mockery of all musicians and music from every genre, including your own.
Grow up and stop throwing your toys around.
You are making yourself look like a complete twat.

Ps.I am pretty certain Beyonce doesn't need you fighting any battles on her account. Seems like she's got everything covered perfectly well on her own

The rapper lessened his comments later, telling a TMZ paparazzo that he regretted implying that Beck was not an artist. “I wasn’t saying Beck; I said the Grammys,” he said. “Beck knows that Beyoncé should have won; you know that … Come on, man. I love Beck! But he didn’t have the Album of the Year.”

Meh. He probably got way too caught up in his rant and said Beck when he meant the Grammys. It's too late though, everyone hates him even more now lol.

But also...

Kanye discounting anyone as a musician or artist makes him a fucking idiot. Point blank.

He's talented, but I can't fucking stand him because he's such an arrogant prick. Artistry is in the eye of the beholder. Is Henry Darger any less an artist or creative person than Picasso, because he appeals to a different audience and has different strengths and weaknesses? No.

The reason a lot of people get down on and don't listen to Kanye is because he paints himself as this outsider, this great artist that no one can live up to, and then uses that to put other people down. In fact, he's just another asshole, pure and simple, as well as one of the least "outsider" musicians in history. He needs to stop and think about the words he utters while speaking in public as much as he considers which words to use in his music.

In closing: "Bitch, explain to me again how you're not a hobbit?":p

i found it funny reading about it the next day. i didn't,nor do i ever, watch the grammys. but every now and again i hear a smidgen of what happened. if i do i like to read the comments when shit like this happens. the idiocy in the section is humorous to me. especially when people talk like the person the story is about is actually reading the comments section. ex: "FUCK YOU, BEYONCE WON MORE GRAMMYS..etc etc etc.. YOU GO BEYONCE!. DON"T LET ANYONE TELL YOU YOU"RE NOT GOOD!! Say hi TO YOUR FAMILY FOR ME" 

HAHA YEAH NICE KANYE SO DUMB AND NOT CRAFTING A PERSONA THAT BUILDS CONVERSATION ABOUT MANY ASPECTS OF ART AND BECK PERSON IS CLEARLY THE ACTUAL SUPER GENIUS BECAUSE GUITAR BASED MUSIC IS REAL TALENT HAHAHAHA

It gives me such a fucking headache to watch people defend Beck winning best album (with the 5th or 6th best album of his career) over a superior album, simply because Beyoncé doesn't write and play everything on her records. It was a make-up Grammy, I don't think I saw it in any year end lists at all. It's such an idiot dinosaur mindset, get off the internet and go write for Rolling Stone if you hate new things so much.

Yeah. B's great album lost to what a lot of people think is also a pretty great album That shouldn't diminish her "monumental feat of music" at all. Which album you like better is a matter of opinion, which is why Beck won.

Having your work nominated for AOTY is such an honor. Winning is the cherry, but doesn't necessarily define one album as quantifiably better than another.