PO: "The Plural of Vinyl is Vinyl" Print from Bad Timing Records

apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum, but my friends from Bad Timing Records are releasing this "The Plural of Vinyl is Vinyl" print and I thought some of you guys who ordered the Acceptance and Valencia records would be interested.  

There are two prints, both 12x18 and cost $12 each which includes shipping in a poster tube.

http://badtimingrecords.limitedrun.com/products/525732

ABearT1.jpg

The design was made by Paper + Plastick Records creative director Matt Delisle (http://www.matthewdelisle.com/)

also yeah the Bad Timing guys know that No Sleep Records just released a t-shirt with the same phrase on it, which is why I guess they have the name "bad timing" (nailed it).  These prints were meant to release around Christmas time but got delayed, yadda yadda, etc.

Also relevant: BTR005 and BTR006 announcement is coming on Monday.

So dumb, no need to be pretentious

Not pretentious as much as just kinda funny. We figure some people might like em for the area where they play their records. We know that not everybody will like them, but nothing pleases everyone!

What people consider funny/ironic changes quickly...I doubt these will sell.

We only made 100 of each because like I said above – not for everyone.

Also relevant: BTR005 and BTR006 announcement is coming on Monday.

Not pretentious as much as just kinda funny. We figure some people might like em for the area where they play their records. We know that not everybody will like them, but nothing pleases everyone!

We only made 100 of each because like I said above – not for everyone.

I have one guess and it just "feels" right based on the (bad) timing.

For years I've felt like I was the only one on the board who couldnt care less if people call it vinyl(s)

yeah i don't really give a shit either. at least vinyl(s) is an honest mistake and forgivable (although clearly not forgivable by the people who must have something to prove by correcting everyone). the endless number of grammatical and spelling errors people (including VCers) make is more troubling to me than pluralizing vinyl.

also, i just googled "define vinyl" and the result is comical:

vi·nyl
ˈvīnl/
noun

1. 1.
    synthetic resin or plastic consisting of polyvinyl chloride or a related polymer, used esp. for wallpapers and other covering materials and for phonograph records.
    "light-reflecting VINYL S can be hung in the usual way"

yeah i don't really give a shit either. at least vinyl(s) is an honest mistake and forgivable (although clearly not forgivable by the people who must have something to prove by correcting everyone). the endless number of grammatical and spelling errors people (including VCers) make is more troubling to me than pluralizing vinyl.

I agree! It's just a screenprint haha.

I like how one of the people behind this label knocks tumblr bands one day, then puts a PO up for an item that is essentially regurgitating the same thing that a tumblr label put on a t-shirt the very next day. Way to be!

do you mean zack's post about real friends covering motion city soundtrack? that was pretty obviously a joke haha. zack runs a website based on tumblr that posts about bands that all have tumblrs. 

do you mean zack's post about real friends covering motion city soundtrack? that was pretty obviously a joke haha. zack runs a website based on tumblr that posts about bands that all have tumblrs. 

I suppose I stand corrected in that regard then. I don't read POZ. Someone else sent me a text about it and I laughed. Either way, it's laughable that labels are trying to make this phrase trendy.