Is it me, or did VC undergo a shift in taste?

moonbeams

Moonbeams rules.

The taste around here has always been mostly bad imho, but it has gotten worse. *shrugs shoulders*

Whatever, some you are okay, so I stick around...I get my punk shit from VLV anyway.

P.S. Good Charlotte really is terrible...so bad.

Moonbeams rules.

The taste around here has always been mostly bad imho, but it has gotten worse. *shrugs shoulders*

Whatever, some you are okay, so I stick around...I get my punk shit from VLV anyway.

P.S. Good Charlotte really is terrible...so bad.

I think from day one you have been talking about how VLV is better than this place, and perhaps it is ( I hate the setup over there) but you do sure bring it up the most on this board.

I think from day one you have been talking about how VLV is better than this place, and perhaps it is ( I hate the setup over there) but you do sure bring it up the most on this board.

Correct. I bring it up to encourage other like-minded folks to check it out if they want something other than Brand New, Thrice, Blink, Good Charlotte, Hot Topic-core, etc. talk...a few have done so and are now posting there as well.

For the record, I posted a ton on this board before I ever checked out VLV...jimmythescumbag 1.0 had like 3k posts or something...2.0 was created the day I was banned for posting the Virgil "email me/work it out" pic. I think a few people got banned for like a few hours, but I decided to stick with the new profile for the hell of it.

isn't VLV specifically for punk?

Yes and no. Lots of punk/hc discussion, which I love, but there are threads for lots of other stuff as well, none of which are the bands I mentioned above.

Correct. I bring it up to encourage other like-minded folks to check it out if they want something other than Brand New, Thrice, Blink, Good Charlotte, Hot Topic-core, etc. talk...a few have done so and are now posting there as well.

For the record, I posted a ton on this board before I ever checked out VLV...jimmythescumbag 1.0 had like 3k posts or something...2.0 was created the day I was banned for posting the Virgil "email me/work it out" pic. I think a few people got banned for like a few hours, but I decided to stick with the new profile for the hell of it.

Yes and no. Lots of punk/hc discussion, which I love, but there are threads for lots of other stuff as well, none of which are the bands I mentioned above.

And you can call people dickheads there too.

Most of the music posted in the vinyl forum is garbage that I could care less about. Now I mostly just get my vinyl news from the facebook. 

I tried to enroll in VLV one time but I never got accepted. Fuck that exclusive bullshit, and fuck everything on this board that isn't pop-punk.

You can all eat my butthole.

Very few people on this board have the same musical tastes as me, and most just pass over any bands that I mention. But, I do check out a lot of the bands others have mentioned because i'm all about discovering new bands and different genres of music. Whether I like those bands is a different story, but I'm all about checking out new bands. I wish others around here would be more open to it as well.

Wasn't this when googlemyass got banned too? I remember a lot of stupid shit going down around that time.

I've definitely discovered a lot of great bands through the forums and musically like-minded individuals. Really grateful for that. They're out there -- you just have to sift through loads of artists you listened to in 2004, and the countless Hot Topic repress threads.

Same story for me

What would you do with the existing forums? Sorting them is not an option (assuming VC doesn't have budget). You could throw them into a "legacy" section and start fresh but this is a messy architecture for a message board.

There's options, but it's not as easy as you would think. Part of my job is database design for the Army.

Exactly. When I created this thread subforums was the first thing that popped up in mind when thinking about a solution to this problem.

But that is a disastrous idea for the following two reasons:

1. Some bands traverse different genres in their careers (such as Danzig).

2. Someone is going to post Good Charlotte in a punk forum and all hell will break lose.

The way I see it, FWW is a good forum for punk minded people, and I think of lot of the old posters migrated there. But the mass exit of like-minded people leaves a serious void in their wake.

Wasn't this when googlemyass got banned too? I remember a lot of stupid shit going down around that time.

Yeah, we were both banned the same day I think. I made the new profile right after the failed login which I thought was pretty funny...non-IP ban I suppose.

Yeah, we were both banned the same day I think. I made the new profile right after the failed login which I thought was pretty funny...non-IP ban I suppose.

Ha yeah that was when Virgil had a meltdown and the boards revolted. Good times. Virgil owed me a test press but considering how bad some people got screwed I'm not sweating it.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who doesn't know 90% of the bands mentioned here.  Sometimes I try listening to some of it and it's generally pretty awful.  I'm old and out of touch, I guess. 

Right there with ya. This place makes me feel ancient, but it's cool to see the kids into vinyl and there are some hilarious and creative threads quite often. Also, some smart and knowledgeable folks chime in about turntables and equipment.

The last band I checked out was Anberlin. Sounded like stuff pre-teens would crank after they had a difficult breakup.

Who was it that got banned for having a signature of Virgil going wild on a MS Paint penis?

I think this was the src era but reminded me of the giant anatomical drawing of a vagina with all the parts labeled that was in someone's sig. He posted all the time too. Think it lasted weeks.