Is it me, or did VC undergo a shift in taste?

moonbeams

Um...isn't a forum just what you make it?  If you miss certain topics/discussions/whatever make a thread for it!

If it's changed maybe that is partially because you stopped posting.

bring back the Ass + Boob apprec! lol

PS - I'm still a diehard Limp Bizkit fan :D

you're easily one of the most jaded people on this forum from posts I've seen. jeez.

It's a thread about "the good old days" so for you to come in and go "everyone is better off today because of diverse musical tastes" is failing to recognize divergent opinions from yours and indirectly demeaning someone else's opinion.

It's not very different from dropping in to the Good Charlotte thread to say "Good Charlotte sucks," which will get a similar response.

Does it cost money to create a sub forum? (Sarcasm)

Do one for each main genre. Those who dont like it won't be wrapped in a music catch all thread.

What would you do with the existing forums? Sorting them is not an option (assuming VC doesn't have budget). You could throw them into a "legacy" section and start fresh but this is a messy architecture for a message board.

There's options, but it's not as easy as you would think. Part of my job is database design for the Army.

What would you do with the existing forums? Sorting them is not an option (assuming VC doesn't have budget). You could throw them into a "legacy" section and start fresh but this is a messy architecture for a message board.

There's options, but it's not as easy as you would think. Part of my job is database design for the Army.

I don't understand what stops people from bumping a thread about an album or band they like if they want to continue the discussion, or to make threads themselves when a release they're excited about is coming out.

In other words, the general board is continuing to talk about certain types of music because that's all the users there are posting about. Take it back.

i didnt mean sub, per say.

for as much traffic, as diverse music we have 4 and then 1 for technical crap.

add one more titled "discuss musics tastes here" type thing.

each genre gets a shot. rely on posters to make sub ones of their specific bands. i dunno.

just some way to cut down on all the 'your musical tastes suck' and flaming threads and what not. i mean we do have specific genre threads the keep getting bumped due to daily traffic.  guess we could just sticky them?

who knows.

i didnt mean sub, per say.

for as much traffic, as diverse music we have 4 and then 1 for technical crap.

add one more titled "discuss musics tastes here" type thing.

each genre gets a shot. rely on posters to make sub ones of their specific bands. i dunno.

just some way to cut down on all the 'your musical tastes suck' and flaming threads and what not. i mean we do have specific genre threads the keep getting bumped due to daily traffic. guess we could just sticky them?

who knows.

Totally with you that it would make things better (I've suggested ways to do it in the help board). Just think it much more difficult thing to execute than some comments seem to imply from an it perspective.