The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

With them wanting to prevent flipping on Merch Now with the bundles and prices, I don't understand why they let people buy multiple copies of the LP at the shows.

On ap.net i called the $500 bundle "not very punk" kind of as a joke, but also because a $500 bundle is just bullshit, and one of the band members justification for the $500 bundle was "the kids can just turn around and sell some of the stuff on ebay for a lot and make their money back".  he responded to me with that.  so what he said was they can charge an inflated price of $500 because you can turn around and ebay the 7" and test press for hundreds.  imagine if all labels did that, first pressings limited to /100 will sell for $50+.   didnt bother firing back at him cause he has a blue name and stuff and all the mindless ap kids would light me up, but how douchy is that coming from a band member?  so i really don't think they care about flipping too much.  they've got their money already.

(also i know it's hopeless who decided the price and maybe even the bundle, i just found the principle behind what he said super lame)  

/rant

This was his exact response: I'm sure those 5 7"s will sell for $300+ on ebay in 3 months anyway. And the test press? You can make that $500 back no problem.

On ap.net i called the $500 bundle "not very punk" kind of as a joke, but also because a $500 bundle is just bullshit, and one of the band members justification for the $500 bundle was "the kids can just turn around and sell some of the stuff on ebay for a lot and make their money back".  he responded to me with that.  so what he said was they can charge an inflated price of $500 because you can turn around and ebay the 7" and test press for hundreds.  imagine if all labels did that, first pressings limited to /100 will sell for $50+.   didnt bother firing back at him cause he has a blue name and stuff and all the mindless ap kids would light me up, but how douchy is that coming from a band member?  so i really don't think they care about flipping too much.  they've got their money already.

(also i know it's hopeless who decided the price and maybe even the bundle, i just found the principle behind what he said super lame)  

/rant

This was his exact response: I'm sure those 5 7"s will sell for $300+ on ebay in 3 months anyway. And the test press? You can make that $500 back no problem.

That's fucked.

I just think he was being realistic - I know Nick, I know they didn't set those prices, Hopeless did, I guess he was just trying to let kids know that if they did regret spending that much on the package they'd be able to recoup that money in some way if they sold that shit.  They didn't set those prices with the justification that kids can flip them.