Open vinyl to check variant?

depending on the variant you may get more for the record, rather than the thought of it being sealed. People always post the whole 'only opened to verify color' thing as well which still allows potential buyers to know its at least unplayed. its up to you, but thats my 2 cents!

Do you guys take your records out of the non-marked butcher paper wrapper? My local record shop owner told me that you're supposed to leave them on there and never open it or look at what's inside. It sucks that you can't see the album but I buy all my really rare expensive variants from him so I don't want to risk the value being lowered.

Do you guys take your records out of the non-marked butcher paper wrapper? My local record shop owner told me that you're supposed to leave them on there and never open it or look at what's inside. It sucks that you can't see the album but I buy all my really rare expensive variants from him so I don't want to risk the value being lowered.

sounds like a gent. its hard to keep up the hustle that is 'vinyl' nowadays without a little direction. I'm going to start doing this to ensure I can pay for my kids college one day, or cash in for an Audi with a hottie riding shottie while listening to Maserati.