Over at DME you can order the BB-8 die cut picture disc numbered out of 1500.  These were originally sold at Wondercon.  

"This Disney Music Emporium exclusive features two tracks from Star Wars: The Force Awakens on a beautiful die-cut picture disc.  This playable vinyl was created specifically for DME and features a limited edition, numbered stamp on the packaging (1-1500*).

Side A: March of the Resistance

Side B: Rey’s Theme

*Numbers are shipped at random and are not able to be requested."
A bit expensive at $35 and virtually the same release as the Force Awakens RSD picture disc.  The website also has a video of one of these spinning on a record player.  

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgshop/bb-8-die-cut-picture-disc/

die cut picture discs are expensive as is, add in disney/major label greed and how few they pressed the price doesn't surprise me. I just don't understand why they would do 1500 hardly even seems worth it for such a small return, but I guess being a con exclusive makes it a draw and they can advertise/sell you other stuff

4 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

If it was still under Lucas control there'd be 10,000, they'd cost $50 and they'd feature Jar Jar's die-cut head so count your blessings!

If it was Iamshark it would be delayed for a year and they would tell you to fuck off because they are an independent label :lol:

All of you know that if these were being sold at comiccon, limited to 1500 for $35, you'd all be begging someone to pick this up for you and offer to pay "a little bit extra". When you actually have access to it, you all complain. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Picture discs sound like shit to begin with.

No one's buying a Die-cut BB8 picture disc to listen to, are they?

But honestly, Picture discs usually sound like shit. I actually have a few that are well made. I've seen picture disc processes that are close to being two clear records glued together. Most, though, are as thin as flexis. That's why they usually sound awful. 

4 minutes ago, dreamover said:

No one's buying a Die-cut BB8 picture disc to listen to, are they?

But honestly, Picture discs usually sound like shit. I actually have a few that are well made. I've seen picture disc processes that are close to being two clear records glued together. Most, though, are as thin as flexis. That's why they usually sound awful. 

I highly doubt it, honestly. Haha. What do [people in general] do with a record if you don't spin it?

I'm not really into the whole mondo / video game / comic / sci fi / nerd-y collector pieces (love them in their original form - only listen to the scores accompanied by the visual), but to each their own.