At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command Repress

well...except that was mostly just the next ALL record w/ re-recorded Milo vox. ALL was peaking w/ Breaking Things/Pummel/Descendalls-Sux/Mass Nerder...

Still had Milo Aukerman on vocals and it's probably the best Descendents record besides Milo Goes to College. ALL can't come close to Descendents and you know it.

• 1 month later...

So apparently Jim Ward won't be touring with ATDI anymore: https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=854429451345859&id=208317689290375

Total bullshit, I feel tempted to sell my ticket.  I mean so Jim's gone so doesn't it technically make it a Mars Volta/Antemasque show anyway now?

I'm kind of angry at Jim but who knows the entire story?

Total bullshit, I feel tempted to sell my ticket.  I mean so Jim's gone so doesn't it technically make it a Mars Volta/Antemasque show anyway now?

I'm kind of angry at Jim but who knows the entire story?

I hear ya, man. Been waiting 16 years for them to come back to Toronto and this is a huge blow. I'll still go to the show since I've already paid for my ticket, but it'll be difficult to enjoy it on the same level as before.

And technically it wouldn't be a Mars Volta/Antemasque show since Tony was in neither band and Paul was only in TMV for a short period of time.

Still a bummer though.

When rock on the range was first announced, Jim ward said he had no idea that the band was playing shows. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this cash grab is ending up like this. The first reunion was a tarnish to this band, this is just icing. Yes we al love the songs but did anyone think they were recapturing something good here besides our dollars

It would be even more strange to call it a Mars Volta/antemasque show and play at the drive in songs. Think about what you just said.

While I don't think it should be called a TMV show, I get where they are coming from. A more extreme example would be when 'X' band does a full set of 'Y' band covers. That doesn't make it a Y band show, correct? A lot of people feel like it's not ATDI without Jim, thus to them it's not really an ATDI show.

Reminds me of the time i went to a Pennywise show to find out the singer had changed...

As much as I like Jim, I would not have been upset at all to see Zoli taking over on vocals. That said I am pretty bummed about Jim Ward not performing. At least Drive Like Jehu are playing shows again. Maybe they can get Sparta or Sleepercar on the that bill.