33 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

thanks!

yeah. The job is in Redmond but I feel I might find cheaper housing in Seattle. I think the commute is just about 17 min?  I am totally cool with commuting if I can save money on rent and they said we get free transportation so that's awesome too.  

Housing in Seattle is steeeeeep. I'm so proud of you T!

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Not sure if Ryan has this problem, but people here will straight up try to grab my arms to look at my tattoos while I am in public. I can appreciate someone being interested and questioning is always gonna happen, but I fucking hate random strangers trying to touch my arms to get a better look. A friend warned me about that before I ever had work done on my arms and I didn't believe him to the extent it really happens. 

I had that happen to me at the post office once and I was not happy.

39 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

yeah. The job is in Redmond but I feel I might find cheaper housing in Seattle. I think the commute is just about 17 min?  I am totally cool with commuting if I can save money on rent and they said we get free transportation so that's awesome too.  

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Housing in Seattle is steeeeeep. I'm so proud of you T!

Not sure what Redmond rent looks like, but housing definitely isn't cheap here.  If you're not determined to live in the city proper, you can find some ok rent.  Also, I'm guessing the commute will be longer.  Traffic here is a nightmare.  Might be ok on an express bus, but I can't say for sure.

4 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

hello hello.  so i got the job i had applied for last week!!!!!!!  Pretty nervous about it since I start in a few weeks and I need to relocate. But maybe this will be a good thing. It's 12 weeks as an intern and if i do well, it's very possible I could be offered a fulltime spot.  i am very very very nervous. 

Hell yeah that's awesome

hey everyone!!

i may just do an airbnb thing until i find a good place to stay.  the gig is only temporary unless they offer me a permanent spot so i don't want to sign a lease or anything yet.  SF almost killed me with their rent so I'm pretty numb to it now.  At least now I'll have income whereas before I was just slowly losing my savings.

2 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I'm moving to Seattle in 9 days, so I just finished the relocation process. Hit me up if you have any questions!

thanks!  The problem I had when i moved to SF was not finding a great neighborhood so my goal is to not repeat that again. I'm kind of thinking that looking in person will be a lot better than online browsing so I may just stay at a hotel for a week and then airbnb from a good place afterwards.  but thanks, I'll hit you up if i have any questions.

4 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

hello hello.  so i got the job i had applied for last week!!!!!!!  Pretty nervous about it since I start in a few weeks and I need to relocate. But maybe this will be a good thing. It's 12 weeks as an intern and if i do well, it's very possible I could be offered a fulltime spot.  i am very very very nervous. 

Congrats! That's super cool!

21 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

If either of you want a free transit card, let me know.  Someone gave it to me at the airport, since they didn't need it anymore.  Suppose to have some credit on it and I think the cards are $5 or something.

ooh actually yes if it's not inconvenient for you.

Yo T, if you want to grab coffee when you come up to look for houses I can drive you around some neighborhoods if you want. I'm still learning the city so it helps me too. 

I found it helpful when I was looking for neighborhoods. Buddy took me around. 

I have friend who did temp to hire at Microsoft. I'll ask him if he has any pointers of whatever. What is your role?

Edited by BuzzersonKillwell

3 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Yo T, if you want to grab coffee when you come up to look for houses I can drive you around some neighborhoods if you want. I'm still learning the city so it helps me too. 

I found it helpful when I was looking for neighborhoods. Buddy took me around. 

I have friend who did temp to hire at Microsoft. I'll ask him if he has any pointers of whatever. What is your role?

yeah that sounds fun!  I'll hit you up once i get settled.   And I'm also doing a temp to hire too.  I'm going to try my best to do a good job so I can get offered a permanent spot.  They haven't told me what my role is yet but I think I'm going to be on the engineering team working with Cortana but that's not confirmed yet.  I'd be happy anywhere in the company though just as long as it's a software engineering role.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Well. I've finally got pretty much all of my records transferred over to discogs!I think I have another stack of 45s to go through, but I'm not really feeling like doing it.

I also have a fat stack of weird foreign records that I can't find any info on in discogs, so that's a bummer.

For those interested

dunno if you meant to double up on the jaylib mcnasty filth 12" or not, also for all the riding easy records stuff you have, you need to check out the brown acid compilations I have all 3 and they are so great

Meeting up with @lastvaultboy for afternoon pints, then we are going mad record hunting. Then I think we'll be going on VC's first ever double date. Meeting up with our respective lady for dinner and drinks. It's gonna be a damn good day. 

Before that I'm bringing my lady an orange and lime marinated chicken burrito for lunch that I made last night. If that doesn't sum up this relationship perfectly I don't know what does. 

14 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

thanks!  The problem I had when i moved to SF was not finding a great neighborhood so my goal is to not repeat that again. I'm kind of thinking that looking in person will be a lot better than online browsing so I may just stay at a hotel for a week and then airbnb from a good place afterwards.  but thanks, I'll hit you up if i have any questions.

It sounds like a sublease might work best for you. People may offer their apartment for 75% cost just so they aren't on the hook for the full amount. If you go directly through the renter you can probably avoid deposit as well. 

14 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

yeah that sounds fun!  I'll hit you up once i get settled.   And I'm also doing a temp to hire too.  I'm going to try my best to do a good job so I can get offered a permanent spot.  They haven't told me what my role is yet but I think I'm going to be on the engineering team working with Cortana but that's not confirmed yet.  I'd be happy anywhere in the company though just as long as it's a software engineering role.

You're moving to Seattle?? Ima come visit you.

Also 14 year old me would have kicked myself in the ass for missing the AFI show last night.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic