Copeland - IXORA - NEW LP

Ordinary lines up pretty sloppily honestly. The piano on the album version doesn't really match rhythmically to the drums in the Twin version. At least in the mixes of the two I've heard.

That's unfortunate. There is one note at the end that seems weird, but other than that, the version I hear is wonderful. The piano has a pretty heavy swing on it, something that wasn't fully realized by me until I heard it with a drum kit that was really on-beat. But mixing up syncopation with hard timing isn't for everyone. The bigger timing issues, to me, are Erase (which has two very different vocal takes), and Chriomancer (the acoustic guitar on Twin at the beginning is playing some oddly timed notes that when lined up with the piano then bass is awkward).

That's unfortunate. There is one note at the end that seems weird, but other than that, the version I hear is wonderful. The piano has a pretty heavy swing on it, something that wasn't fully realized by me until I heard it with a drum kit that was really on-beat. But mixing up syncopation with hard timing isn't for everyone. The bigger timing issues, to me, are Erase (which has two very different vocal takes), and Chriomancer (the acoustic guitar on Twin at the beginning is playing some oddly timed notes that when lined up with the piano then bass is awkward).

I actually love the way Erase sounds combined. I'd probably agree with you on Chiromancer though.

So I spent a lot of time this week listening to the album both ways and combined (rough stereo mix-down and quadraphonic).  I feel like I'll end up making a CD with my perferred version of each song, but some of the songs are too "busy" in the combined version.  Either way I'm glad Copeland created these versions.

Upon first listen, I was not thrilled with this record. I held off forever until I finally snagged the record. 

However, over the last few days it has really grown on me. Even the Kenny G tune at the end (world turn) :)

Things I'm not overally thrilled about was the way it was shipped, no backing, barely taped, etc (It arrived fine, but for 6 dollars shipping you do expect a little more effort) 

180 gram sounds very nice, and I'm glad I cleaned it, it was fairly dirty, but that is what I commonly do anyways. It does contain a ton of blemishes, marks, etc. I was actually surprised by how many considering it was sealed. Additionally, a ton of finger prints (or what appeared to be). After a good clean, the marks are still visible, but plays fine. 

I don't think it is my top rated Copeland album, but has some growing potential. 

My friend has a copy of this, and either his copy got pretty beat up in shipping, or it seems like these were really sloppily put together.  The dimensions of the jacket seemed to be just a hair too small and was making everything bubble and awkward to slide in and out, and getting really beat up in the process, haha.

Received the record yesterday.

Love the album, but the quality of this release sucks.

Yep. This is a standard Pirates Press LP and packing (you know the one...where the LP doesn't quite fit into the sleeve). Most places (take The Mylene Sheath for example) that get complete packages (LP and jacket) from CZ/Pirates Press charge about $20ppd. $36ppd is a straight cash grab. I bought into to...

Yep. This is a standard Pirates Press LP and packing (you know the one...where the LP doesn't quite fit into the sleeve). Most places (take The Mylene Sheath for example) that get complete packages (LP and jacket) from CZ/Pirates Press charge about $20ppd. $36ppd is a straight cash grab. I bought into to...

It is high, but they were pretty up-front with the fact that the preorder was meant to help fund the making of the record. that meant that buying any of the preorders from their site didn't just pay for the physical product, you were also making a donation toward the production of the record. if you didn't want to do that, the other option was to wait til it came out and buy a $9 cd from best buy. 

Pic of the Jungle package. Other side is the Twin version of Erase

10954055_1562852757334981_1494372973_n.j

dang, I didn't want to fork out for this, especially after getting the Lotus Bundle, but the Twin version of Erase is possibly my favorite thing to come out of this album. I'm not kicking myself for not getting it but I wish it would have been more accessible/affordable. 

dang, I didn't want to fork out for this, especially after getting the Lotus Bundle, but the Twin version of Erase is possibly my favorite thing to come out of this album. I'm not kicking myself for not getting it but I wish it would have been more accessible/affordable.

True true true. Selling just the record, I'm positive they could have sold all 300 (if they even made that many)

That looks awesome. How much was that bundle? My wallet only stretched to the Lotus bundle haha but now I wish I had made that one work!.. Especially since this release has really grown on me

Think it was $80 (yikes!) but some of that money went to a former crew member who passed away. For his son's college fund.

Disclaimer: not my picture but wish it was

Finally got this Twin playing down to the millisecond and oh.  my.  god.  To have different channels going at the same time is an audiophile's dream.  This is pure art whether you're a Copeland fan or not.  I can't wait to hear what swemoll puts together but I highly recommend trying to find two systems and to crank this sucker UP.  Aaron's harmony takes on a new definition after hearing these together.  Good luck out there!

Okay, here it is! I have a couple of notes to make about the mix, if anyone is interested. If you at any point feel like it's tl;dr please jump to the bottom of this post for the link.

- For each song, I chose a specific version which I personally liked better. This often was the Ixora version, except or a couple like Erase. If anyone wants track specifics like levels, just let me know and I can look them up in Pro Tools.

- There is ZERO post-processing to ANY of the tracks. There is only major track leveling done. NO automation, NO EQ or compression. Ultimately, the best way to merge these two albums is the quadraphonic way like Beta114 has done, but this is the best way I could hear in stereo without a full re-mix/master of this album as a whole.

- Each track is pushed to its own -0.1 or -0.3 limit, after leveling and keeping relative deciBel ratios.

- This was done in Pro Tools with WAV files sourced from each CD. Each song was matched up to the sample to match in timing (the only reason why this is worth listening to), except for one of the tracks, which I moved the Twin version up about 50 samples (out of 44.1k in a second) to match better in timing. Other than that, everything is exactly how Aaron would have wanted it.

- Everyone should try to listen in Quadraphonic, as this is the best way to take in this experience. Not as off-putting, and just as beautiful (more so).

Without further ado:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4733159/IxoraTwin.zip

Okay, here it is! I have a couple of notes to make about the mix, if anyone is interested. If you at any point feel like it's tl;dr please jump to the bottom of this post for the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4733159/IxoraTwin.zip

Haven't signed in a long time, but I did today to say thank you for this!

I really enjoyed this album and am enjoying this mix.