PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Is anyone having an issue with certain guitar lines being either muffled or completely absent from the mix?  I'm talking specifically about the rapidly strummed overdriven guitar behind the verses and bridge of "Inertiatic," the guitar behind the "nobody is heard" chorus of "Drunkship" and the lead guitar during the verses of "Eriatarka."  I can't hear any of those.  I'm wondering if this is a new vinyl mix, a problem with my cartridge alignment, or a pressing error?

Is anyone having an issue with certain guitar lines being either muffled or completely absent from the mix?  I'm talking specifically about the rapidly strummed overdriven guitar behind the verses and bridge of "Inertiatic," the guitar behind the "nobody is heard" chorus of "Drunkship" and the lead guitar during the verses of "Eriatarka."  I can't hear any of those.  I'm wondering if this is a new vinyl mix, a problem with my cartridge alignment, or a pressing error?

Hmm.. I wanna say that this is a problem with your connection or cartridge alignment. Can you confirm that you can hear sound independently out of both speakers while the record plays? What are you listening on?

Ok I can confirm that at least on the CD both the riffs you are referring to are mixed hard to only one side of the stereo field or only coming out of one speaker. You're lacking the signal from one side I think.

Definitely.  Is anyone else with the silver copy experiencing this though?  There's a chance it's a dead frequency on one side of my reciever (if that's evern a thing) considering it's pretty old, but I've tried other LPs that have hard panning and they sounded fine.  I'm really suspicious that it's a problem with this press.

I honestly don't know the science to be completely honest with you. But I have a couple mats and my sleeve city carbon mat added a bit to the bass and almost completely killed the static and surface noise. I thought it might've been a placebo effect but after switching back and forth on the same album it's noticeable. For 40 bucks it was worth it for me, also I run an m97xe cart just for an idea of what I'm working with.

Sweet. Thanks for sharing! May have to pick one up at some point.

It's not cheap... But if you're regularly dropping $30-40 on a single record, you owe it to yourself to pay at least that much for a decent mat:

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/ttmat.htm

There's others but I've never had an issue with this one. Quality product, great reviews across the board. Some places have it cheaper too.

So I listened to sides A through C last night in almost dead quiet surroundings and I have to say it sounds phenomenal. There's so much space between each instrument. You can really hear everything and the timbres really shine. Good going on this press, MOV. The only quality issue I heard was some syllabance on the S's at the very end of "Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)." Otherwise I thought it sounded amazing.